PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding BIS/Outlook 2007/Gmail

ivyesq
06-06-2007, 05:59 PM
I'm using an 8703 on Verizon... When I send an email from Gmail, the sent item is also saved in the sent items in Outlook 2007. However, when I send a message from my handheld, the sent item is being saved in Gmail's sent items folder, but these sent items are not making into my Outlook sent items folder.

Does anyone know how to ensure that messages sent from my handheld also make it into my Outlook sent items folder?

Thanks.

jeremyckitching
06-06-2007, 07:56 PM
I believe when you send a message in Outlook using your Gmail account it is being saved to the Personal Folders Sent Items. This is a local folder for Outlook storing sent items from the applications; it is not actually linked to the Sent Items folder for Gmail. When you send a message from your Handheld that is linked to the Sent Items folder in GMail, thus you see it in the GMail Sent Items folder.

I believe there is a way in Outlook to specify which folder will be the folder for Sent Items. I think (not 100% sure) that it can be linked to the Gmail Sent Items folder. I am testing it now.

jeremyckitching
06-06-2007, 08:28 PM
Actually, I may be mistaken. I believe I am thinking of IMAP accounts, and Gmail is POP3. This must be the case because the Sent Items folder from Gmail is not downloaded, as POP3 folders aren't sync'd like in IMAP accounts. It may not be possible to get this working.

Silverdog
06-07-2007, 10:20 PM
If you need to, you can have BIS bcc any account. I do that for one of my email accounts, and just deal with the extra volume in my inbox, and then I can see it on my laptop when I fire up outlook later.