PDA

View Full Version : Help with Bluetooth, Macbook Pro, and 8830

Kylektg
06-06-2007, 07:24 PM
Ok so heres my situation,

I am trying to connect my 8830 to my macbook pro. i basically would like to transfer my email addresses, calender, maybe some photos and music nothing big really. anyways i used my mac to find the 8830 however it doesnt seem to be connected (its not bold in the bluetooth preferences) it is recognizable but isnt "connected". also when i try to send files it says "the device doesnt have capabilities" or something along those lines.

Any help or direction would be good. if you have more questions just let me know..

thanks
kyle

RedSoxFan
06-06-2007, 07:27 PM
From my understanding you can't do this. You have to download (free) PocektMac Sync manager. It's an application that will allow you to do this for your BB. I have it for my 8703 and it works well.

jlynch3
06-06-2007, 08:06 PM
From my understanding you can't do this. You have to download (free) PocektMac Sync manager. It's an application that will allow you to do this for your BB. I have it for my 8703 and it works well.

:-( you can't currently sync the 8830 via bluetooth with PocketMac or Missing Sync... they're both working on it.

Kylektg
06-06-2007, 08:13 PM
thanks guys.. ya i just figured out pocketmac so im good. hopefully the bluetooth will come in to play sooner rather than later.

kyle

Runamuck
06-06-2007, 08:54 PM
You CAN send media files to/from the Macbook Pro and the 8830 via Bluetooth, however. That part works fine, no Pocketmac needed at all.