PDA

View Full Version : Forwarding an e-mail

Stockmoose16
06-06-2007, 10:28 PM
I'm having trouble with the "forward" function on the 8830. Once I've received an e-mail from someone, I want to forward said e-mail to someone else--except I want to edit the text within the originally received e-mail. Problem is, the BB won't let me edit the text in the original e-mail, it'll only let me forward it in its original form. How can I fix this?

JSanders
06-06-2007, 10:59 PM
Wirelessly posted (8700g: BlackBerry8800/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Sorry, that is the way it works--you can't edit it.

Stockmoose16
06-07-2007, 01:09 AM
Wirelessly posted (8700g: BlackBerry8800/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Sorry, that is the way it works--you can't edit it.

Really? For the ultimate business tool, this device seems incredibly flawed. You can barely hear the ringer, you can't edit a forwarded message, and you can't edit attachments. Very disappointing.

takeshi
06-07-2007, 09:13 AM
You should try doing your research first before buying rather than simply hoping that a given device lives up to your arbitrary expectations (i.e. versus the expectations of others).

If you want to edit the text of an email that you're forwarding or replying to you'll need to cut and paste it. Honestly, I've seen very few complaints about this over the years. If it's a critical issue for you then email bbsuggestions@<hidden> to let RIM know.

JSanders
06-07-2007, 09:32 AM
takeshi is right on target.

Not being able to edit forwarded emails and original text hinders (rightly so) the ability to "forge" what another has stated in the earlier email. It is possible to copy, edit and paste, but not as easy. As a business tool, as you stated, that is important.

You can get louder ringtones. A good search would give you several threads on this already, as well as numerous LOUD ringtones for those like me who need louder.

You can edit attachments... you just need the proper third-party app to do so, according to the type of app needing the edit. Much discussion on that topic as well.

cookes713
06-08-2007, 08:08 AM
I think that the one thing we all need to keep in mind, our devices are suppose to enhance our business experience. Not replace it. I know that we all get very attached to our devices, but they are meant to help close the gap for the times where we don't have laptop/pc access...

mark_dubai
07-10-2007, 01:17 PM
I agree, I cant believe you cant edit a forwarding E-mail, this is a really basic tool but also a must have especially in my business. Very disappointed!

aiharkness
07-10-2007, 01:49 PM
Wirelessly posted (8700g: BlackBerry8700/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Ditto that this is a good thing. And note that when you reply, there is the menu option to delete the original text. Thus, one can use copy and paste to selectively quote an email when replying and then delete the now unnecessary original message. Seems like unneeded extra work, but with the BB you know the original message is the original messgae. I like that.

cdw5510
07-10-2007, 02:05 PM
Really? For the ultimate business tool, this device seems incredibly flawed. You can barely hear the ringer, you can't edit a forwarded message, and you can't edit attachments. Very disappointing.

Then go buy another phone and let me know how that goes...

JSanders
07-10-2007, 02:07 PM
I agree, I cant believe you cant edit a forwarding E-mail, this is a really basic tool but also a must have especially in my business. Very disappointed!

Sure, you can believe it.