PDA

View Full Version : Omg Broken Usb! Freaking Out!

truly4u
06-06-2007, 11:06 PM
OMG I dont know what to do...day before yesterday while out of town, i realized that my phone didnt charge and it was plugged in all night....well i blamed being at a friends house and maybe they hit the wrong switch on the wall. When i got home after a long 9hr drive, again i plugged up my phone....and no charge in the morning.... When i realized i ran to my laptop and tried it there. As i was pluggin up the phone I realized the usb connection was completely loose...OMG im freaking out!:? :? :? :cry: :cry: I am heading out of town next week and i use my phone as my modeum. Im lost without. Im praying someone will share a light on my ugly situation! Please help.....tell me its fixable...say I can crack it open and tighten something....SOMEONE PLEASE HELP.

Its a 8700g. and my warrenty expired 3 wks ago for my great luck...

Any words of wisdom??

JSanders
06-06-2007, 11:21 PM
Wirelessly posted (8700g: BlackBerry8800/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

First I would try even another USB cable or charger. Otherwise, while it is repairable (if the USB port is truly broken--it is not unheard of) I think you should finding another BlackBerry to replace it.
I feel for you.

b3n_asian_freak
06-07-2007, 11:32 AM
That really sucks man! And it's hard for you to even backup your existing device and transfer to a new one!

Mark Rejhon
06-07-2007, 12:13 PM
That really sucks man! And it's hard for you to even backup your existing device and transfer to a new one!You can use Bluetooth to sync your BlackBerry to BlackBerry Desktop. Charge the battery in another BlackBerry if you need to.

Try an AC adaptor first, often it works better than the computer...

John Clark
06-07-2007, 12:51 PM
I've seen these USB ports pull right off of the circuit boards. Hate be be the bearer of bad news....but. Pairing the BB with the PC via Bluetooth is the only way to retrieve your data unless you are on a BES.

truly4u
06-09-2007, 01:31 PM
Jimmy rigged it, and got it to back up. THANK GOODNESS! Heading to LOWES to get a T6 to open it up...Any words of advice?

jeremyckitching
06-09-2007, 03:37 PM
Jimmy rigged it, and got it to back up. THANK GOODNESS! Heading to LOWES to get a T6 to open it up...Any words of advice?

Be careful. :smile:

Igor
06-10-2007, 03:15 AM
If you can solder its very fixable. If you want to learn to solder DONT do it on your blackberry. Everything on the main pcb is surface mount. If you are going to solder, practice on bonding some cheap wire from radio shack. I would look for a small electronics repair shop locally and just take them the main board from your bb and show them what you need. You may be able to have it repaired for a few bucks. Then again... it may be time to look for a new BB.