PDA

View Full Version : Perplexing email problem

Helomaniac
06-07-2007, 10:20 AM
I have been using my 8700 for about 18 months now and really count on the emails in my business. Suddenly one of my contact's emails come through with just the subject and no text in the body. When I check my office computer the entire message is there. He doesn't know of any changes to his phone and I have not changed anything. All my other messages I receive are normal. Can anyone help me figure out what could cause this?

penguin3107
06-07-2007, 11:16 AM
I have been using my 8700 for about 18 months now and really count on the emails in my business. Suddenly one of my contact's emails come through with just the subject and no text in the body. When I check my office computer the entire message is there. He doesn't know of any changes to his phone and I have not changed anything. All my other messages I receive are normal. Can anyone help me figure out what could cause this?

The sender is probably using HTML e-mail, which can't be read on the BlackBerry.
I would ask the sender to make sure he sends you text =-based messages, and not HTML messages.

Helomaniac
06-08-2007, 04:52 AM
Thank you for the tip that could be the problem. The sender has just moved into a new house so he is using a different computer, I'll have him check that.

dr666
06-13-2007, 08:47 AM
I have the same issue & it started a few weeks ago. Mail that was coming through ok is now not showing the message body. Some are html some are text.
Looking at the mail via Outlook or a browser shows the message is fine.

I updated top the last desktop manager & handheld software last night & now my t-zone is failing with a wap gateway error:x

JSanders
06-13-2007, 08:55 AM
Penguin, this issue of blank emails has been reported/mentioned on here more in the past 10 days than I have noticed before.

I wonder if this has anything to do with the several carriers' upgrading to BIS 2.3? Could there be a relation?

Dubdub
06-13-2007, 08:56 AM
I think the anti-HTML is a result of BIS 2.3. I didn't have the problem before the upgrade, but now I do.

braz
06-13-2007, 10:25 AM
I am having the same problem and the problem is because of BIS 2.3 I contacted RIM about it here is what I was told. Click the linl below.

Hello braz,

Thank you for contacting BlackBerry Customer Support. Here is a link to an article in our BlackBerry Technical Solution Center that contains a description of the issue we discussed.

Article Title: Email message body is not displayed when viewing an email message on the BlackBerry device

Article Number: KB13350

Link: BlackBerry]BlackBerry Technical Solution Center (http://www.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB13350) Search Results

Should you require further information on this subject, please don't hesitate to contact us.

Dubdub
06-13-2007, 12:04 PM
Workaround: As a workaround, have the sender of the email message send the message in plain text format, and once received on the BlackBerry device the body of the email message will be viewable

NOT an option IMHO.

braz
06-13-2007, 08:03 PM
Workaround: As a workaround, have the sender of the email message send the message in plain text format, and once received on the BlackBerry device the body of the email message will be viewable

NOT an option IMHO.

I agree and that is what I told RIM when I was on the phone with them!

9duc
06-19-2007, 01:23 AM
I just started having this problem recently; mainly from my work account, which I have forwarded to username@<hidden>. It happens to about half of my emails to that particular account, I've not noticed any problems with my other accounts (I have 6 other accounts set up in BIS).

Now that I think about it, it may coincide with Sprint's conversion to BIS 2.3, hmmmm. :x

ITAddict
06-21-2007, 03:03 PM
I am having the same problem except the plain text messages are the ones that are blank. HTML messages show up as text with no images, just links. I have an "evaluation" 8800, so I have direct support from RIM during the evalutaion period. Tech Support said there is a problem with the new BIS and that they hope to have a fix by this weekend. Their work around for me was to forward my messages to a blackberry e-mail account. It worked.

Is the HTML without images normal?