PDA

View Full Version : Verizon 8703e

Sleam
06-07-2007, 04:34 PM
1) Why is the internet so much more than the price of say T mobile or basically any other main carrier?

2) I heard that if you get the data package for blackberry through verizon....that the IM messages for AIM dont cost towards text? Is this correct?

3) Is the data package for verizon for the blackberry anything else than email and internet?

Thanks in advance
-Sleam

FSUFAN1200
06-07-2007, 08:03 PM
Sleam>>>I can only say Verizon has always been a little more expensive than other carriers, except if you do a comparison to the new; AT&T / Cingular, where I think it’s pretty close to the same.

Instant messaging does not count towards text messaging, because the instant messaging is being done through the internet. Just make sure u have an unlimited data plan, so u don’t receive a surprise when u receive your billing statement.

Your text messaging plan is different than your data plan!

The Blackberry data plans through Verizon are for exactly what it says it is! Internet and e-mail data.

I hope this response helps ya. Hopefully a few others will chime in, and maybe explain better than I did.

Matt

Dubdub
06-07-2007, 08:52 PM
I think there may be one or two IM apps that use SMS rather than data. Be sire you check it out. Maybe a search on here as I think that has been covered many times.

IMHO, T-Mo is cheaper because they want customers. Their network isn't as large as ATT and Verizon and their client base isn't as large. So therefore their prices are lower in hopes of attracting customers in their coverage areas.