PDA

View Full Version : bank of america on verizon 8830

jacexface
06-07-2007, 06:48 PM
Hey just wondering. Has anyone been able to get on bofa.com with their verizon 8830 I'm not too sure why mine doesn't work. Waps are supposed to work aren't they?

breakerfall
06-07-2007, 07:15 PM
works for me...
are you on a BES? make sure your browser is set to not-the-BES browser for the boa site...
(thats what i had to do)

err... it worked last week!

rpvitale
06-07-2007, 07:28 PM
I can't get ot to work either. It worked fine on my 8800 with ATT.

breakerfall
06-07-2007, 07:39 PM
maybe that was last week on my 8703e...

zerog46
06-07-2007, 08:15 PM
I have also had problems with wap sites.

jacexface
06-07-2007, 10:01 PM
Yeah honestly I have no idea what to do. Like I don't need it but I'd like to be able to look at it. Any suggestions by others? I don't know what u mean by the bes thing.

drhink
06-08-2007, 03:03 PM
You might want to give Opera Mini a try. Seems to work on a lot of sites the BB browser can't handle. Takes a little while to get used to the controls, though.

dkm97
06-08-2007, 05:18 PM
Yeah honestly I have no idea what to do. Like I don't need it but I'd like to be able to look at it. Any suggestions by others? I don't know what u mean by the bes thing.

Are you trying jsut www.bankofamerica.com or are you trying the new mobile banking site?

aviationwiz
06-09-2007, 12:31 AM
He's probably trying to access the new mobile banking site. Whenever I try and go to it on my 8830, it says "For security reasons, your device can't access Mobile Banking."

trams
06-10-2007, 08:58 AM
On Bank of America's site in order to use it on my BB I have to switch emulation to IE to get it to work. Otherwise, it says "for security reasons your phone can not use this service" or something like that. To switch just go: options > browser configuration > emulation mode

Then just change it to Microsoft IE, and it works for Bank of America. :smile:

aviationwiz
06-10-2007, 01:52 PM
Awesome, thanks!

trams
06-10-2007, 10:08 PM
Anytime. Glad I could help. :smile:

akosnitzky
06-10-2007, 11:49 PM
Hey just wondering. Has anyone been able to get on bofa.com with their verizon 8830 I'm not too sure why mine doesn't work. Waps are supposed to work aren't they?

Try http://bofa.mobi

dperrone81
06-11-2007, 07:10 AM
Any disadvantages to leaving the emulation to Internet Explorer?? Thanks

GSOBB
06-11-2007, 12:23 PM
I tried changing the emulation to IE and the bofa.mobi site but still get the security message.

Any other suggestions?
Thanks!

GSOBB
06-11-2007, 06:46 PM
I tried changing the emulation to IE and the bofa.mobi site but still get the security message.

Any other suggestions?
Thanks!

Nevermind. I got it to work. Thanks for all of your help.

DelosTech
06-15-2007, 01:27 PM
How did you get it to work? I have been trying emulation modes and other tricks with no luck. I am on AT&T 8300, but the question came from one of my users on a 8800.

trams
06-15-2007, 04:45 PM
Any disadvantages to leaving the emulation to Internet Explorer?? Thanks

So far I haven't run into anything, but I was wondering the same thing. Anyone?

holden
06-15-2007, 05:07 PM

Any other suggestions?
Thanks!

Yes, we just got a large shipment of AT&T 8800's and I have had to update all of them to the software on the AT&T BB Download site in order for the browser to work with the Fidelity site...

I used the one marked AT&T and not the 8800tm branded update. Once this was done, I had to change the emulation to IE and authenticate through our firewall. (We are on BES). Once I saved this , I was able to authenticate to the Fidelity site....
Not sure if you have to do this with BOA as I don't goto this site.

Good luck....

hmeister...

shortman
06-16-2007, 02:00 PM
Guys thank you so much, this had been driving me crazy every since I gave up my 8703e. I gotten so used to being able to check my BOA account from my Berry and could not figure out how to get it going on my 8830; changing the emualation mode did the trick.....thanks again

holden
06-17-2007, 08:43 AM
I used the one marked AT&T and not the 8800tm branded update. Once this was done, I had to change the emulation to IE and authenticate through our firewall. (We are on BES). Once I saved this , I was able to authenticate to the Fidelity site....
Not sure if you have to do this with BOA as I don't goto this site.

Good luck....

hmeister...
Hi...
An FYI to eveyone who tries to update their AT&T / Cingular to the new update on BB/At&T.
We updated to this newer .79 version and now the single calendar hot keys do not work! The "P" key will normally get previous etc. and now it tried to add data to the calendar instead of navigating the calendar. On week view and month view the hot keys work! On single day, they do not.
I have one manager who is now complaining (we love our customers) :cry: that it was not this way when he got the device! (don't you love it!):cry:
I was thinking of trying the other vendor versions some of the BB users here have updated too.

hmeister

MooseNYC
12-13-2007, 11:53 PM
Sorry to dig up an old thread....

I have a VZN 8830 on a BES
I have the IE emulation selected

I still am not able to get the BofA log-on screen from the mobile site.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,
Moose:?

holden
12-14-2007, 12:05 AM
Hi...
An FYI to eveyone who tries to update their AT&T / Cingular to the new update on BB/At&T.
We updated to this newer .79 version and now the single calendar hot keys do not work! The "P" key will normally get previous etc. and now it tried to add data to the calendar instead of navigating the calendar. On week view and month view the hot keys work! On single day, they do not.
I have one manager who is now complaining (we love our customers) :cry: that it was not this way when he got the device! (don't you love it!):cry:
I was thinking of trying the other vendor versions some of the BB users here have updated too.

hmeister
Hi... After looking and reading, (rtfm) I discovered that if you disable the quick entry in the Calendar/Options you can then toggle the calendar forward and back in day view using the spacebar and "P" key. This function works in week and month view by default but will not work in day view with the quick entry calendar function enabled.
H.

holden
12-14-2007, 12:07 AM
Sorry to dig up an old thread....

I have a VZN 8830 on a BES
I have the IE emulation selected

I still am not able to get the BofA log-on screen from the mobile site.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,
Moose:?

Hi...
Have you tried using different emulations in the browser and re-challanging the website? Also, clear your cache and cookies.
H.

MooseNYC
12-14-2007, 08:33 AM
Hi...
Have you tried using different emulations in the browser and re-challanging the website? Also, clear your cache and cookies.
H.
Thanks Holden,
I just tried clearing the cache & cookies but still no luck.

If there is anyone who has VZN with an 8830 and is able to get to, and log onto the BofA site please let me know if you have any different settings.

I have also tried adjusting the Encoding from US-ASCII, but have not sound the right combo yet.

Thanks,

holden
12-14-2007, 06:59 PM
Thanks Holden,
I just tried clearing the cache & cookies but still no luck.

If there is anyone who has VZN with an 8830 and is able to get to, and log onto the BofA site please let me know if you have any different settings.

I have also tried adjusting the Encoding from US-ASCII, but have not sound the right combo yet.

Thanks,

Hi again...
1.) Can you get to the login page (www dot bankofamerica etc) or are you able to get to the login page and cannot use a password and user id?
2.) And, (I have to ask again, and you may have already done this) have you toggled the emulation from BB to IE and back again in an attempt to login to the page? What are the results and what page does it challange you with / and,or are you using the mobi site or the regular site url? (ie: dot bankofamerica dot com)
3.) Have you tried using the IE emulation and going to the regular BOA site. This is what I had to do with the Fidelity site and I used IE emulation. It should bring up the same page as your computer and not the mobile site. Once there, I was able to authenticate using the same windows as you would normally on a computer (and it saved once authenticated on the BB Handheld with success.)

It took a bit to get the Fidelity site to work initially on the 8800. If you look at the thread here you will notice I backed up the device and reloaded a newer firmware OS and started the challange process over again. I am not sure if it was this change of OS or challanging the Fidelity regular site using IE emulation, authenticating and once this was done, it will now allow me repeated access.

I would only hope that you can perhaps use this method mentioned above and gain access. If you cannot gain access by challanging the regular https://www dot bankofamerica dot com / index dot jsp site this may cost you some time to wipe the device and update the OS. (backup, wipe and upgrade OS, import your data and challange the site again.)

I do see a difference here in that BOA uses jsp web (java) and fidelity ( https://www dot fidelity dot com/) does not. I do see in your screen shots you have java enabled. So, depending on the behavior when you initially challange the site, does it ask about a certificate or anything??

My guess is there is something wrong with either java or your OS is missing something even though your using IE. Do any of your associates have access to the BOA site with the same device? (anyone??)

H.

holden
12-14-2007, 07:10 PM
On Bank of America's site in order to use it on my BB I have to switch emulation to IE to get it to work. Otherwise, it says "for security reasons your phone can not use this service" or something like that. To switch just go: options > browser configuration > emulation mode

Then just change it to Microsoft IE, and it works for Bank of America. :smile:

This was found on the other thread
http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-8800-series-discussion/80218-bank-america-verizon-8830-a.html so it appears that IE emulation is the key and do not use the mobi site. This is what happened on the Fidelity site (for security reasons etc.) when I went to the mobi site using the bb emulation. Again, if your 8830 is not responding using IE emulation, I would backup, update and reload your data using the desktop manager and then challange again...

Good luck...

H.

akosnitzky
12-15-2007, 09:22 AM
Wirelessly posted (Verizon 8830: BlackBerry8830/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105 UP.Browser/5.0.3.3 UP.Link/5.1.2.1)

When on the bb, I tend to use Opera Mini but my BofA mobi site does work.
I am using open gateway mode but I do not recall any problems in the bb emulation mode.

?????

MooseNYC
12-15-2007, 11:35 AM
Hi again...
1.) Can you get to the login page (www dot bankofamerica etc) or are you able to get to the login page and cannot use a password and user id?.
yes I go to that page but I get the message "for security reasosns ...."

2.) And, (I have to ask again, and you may have already done this) have you toggled the emulation from BB to IE and back again in an attempt to login to the page? What are the results and what page does it challange you with / and,or are you using the mobi site or the regular site url? (ie: dot bankofamerica dot com)
If you're referring to setting the default browser (under general properties) the Blackberry Browser is the only one I can select ... I think that is a VZN thing(?)
If you mean the "Emulation Mode" (under Browser Configuration) then yes, I have gone back and forth

3.) Have you tried using the IE emulation and going to the regular BOA site. This is what I had to do with the Fidelity site and I used IE emulation. It should bring up the same page as your computer and not the mobile site. Once there, I was able to authenticate using the same windows as you would normally on a computer (and it saved once authenticated on the BB Handheld with success.)
when I go to the regular site (typing it all in) it redirects me to the mobile site

It took a bit to get the Fidelity site to work initially on the 8800. If you look at the thread here you will notice I backed up the device and reloaded a newer firmware OS and started the challange process over again. I am not sure if it was this change of OS or challanging the Fidelity regular site using IE emulation, authenticating and once this was done, it will now allow me repeated access.
I guess I'll have to upgrade the OS and give this a shot

I would only hope that you can perhaps use this method mentioned above and gain access. If you cannot gain access by challanging the regular https://www dot bankofamerica dot com / index dot jsp site this may cost you some time to wipe the device and update the OS. (backup, wipe and upgrade OS, import your data and challange the site again.)

I do see a difference here in that BOA uses jsp web (java) and fidelity ( https://www dot fidelity dot com/) does not. I do see in your screen shots you have java enabled. So, depending on the behavior when you initially challange the site, does it ask about a certificate or anything??
No there arent any challenges, it just displayes that message "for security reasons, your device can't access Mobile Banking"

My guess is there is something wrong with either java or your OS is missing something even though your using IE. Do any of your associates have access to the BOA site with the same device? (anyone??)

H.
I'm one of the very few with this advanced of a BB. I'll ask the only other person I know who has the 8830 .... the thing that sucks is I was able to access it on my last few devices

Thanks for all the suggestions. I'll let you know about the "backup, wipe and upgrade OS, import"

Regards,
Moose

holden
12-15-2007, 12:21 PM
Wirelessly posted (Verizon 8830: BlackBerry8830/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105 UP.Browser/5.0.3.3 UP.Link/5.1.2.1)

When on the bb, I tend to use Opera Mini but my BofA mobi site does work.
I am using open gateway mode but I do not recall any problems in the bb emulation mode.

?????

The opera mini will not support the HTTPS sites like this...

H.

holden
12-15-2007, 12:25 PM
yes I go to that page but I get the message "for security reasosns ...."

when I go to the regular site (typing it all in) it redirects me to the mobile site

Regards,
Moose

Hi...
I was able to gain access to Fidelity regular site using IE emulation... BOA must be able to see your device and redirect to the mobi site. If the IE emulation is working correctly, it will support the https sites. The website should see the device as an IE client trying to refresh or see the page. At least, this is how I resolved the "for security reasons" issue originally.
btw: I did wipe the 8800 as I described above and then it enabled me to access the site in IE mode correctly.

Good Luck...

H.

MooseNYC
12-21-2007, 04:42 PM
Holden,
I was finally able to get the time today to reload the software.
I can now log into the BofA mobile site.
Thanks for your help!

Regards

holden
12-21-2007, 05:54 PM
Holden,
I was finally able to get the time today to reload the software.
I can now log into the BofA mobile site.
Thanks for your help!

Regards

Hi..
That's great news!
I have now made it a habit to reset 8800 devices when I get them before I Enterprise Activate them for customers just to make sure this issue does not surface. As you can see, no matter what you tried, it would not authenticate using the IE emulation until you wipe the device. It would be nice if one would not have to wipe the device just to get it to work correctly or if there is some other procedure to breath some life into devices that have this symptom. I have not found anything yet including adjusting service books etc.

Happy Holidays...

H.