PDA

View Full Version : Date for the Sprint 8830???

larryj357
06-07-2007, 08:41 PM
Just wondering has anyone heard any date from any reliable sources for the Sprint release. I am trying to be very patient, but feel like all kinds of new blackberries are comming out but not on Sprint.

dc/dc
06-07-2007, 09:07 PM
Yeah, it will be released sometime within the next year or so.

larryj357
06-08-2007, 10:17 AM
I really appreciate you going all out and giving me that top secret information. I promise to keep your sources safe. Great forum member.

Giancarlo219
06-08-2007, 11:19 AM
Just wondering has anyone heard any date from any reliable sources for the Sprint release. I am trying to be very patient, but feel like all kinds of new blackberries are comming out but not on Sprint.

I was in a Sprint Store to purchase the 8703 about two weeks ago and the Sprint rep said that the 8830 would be out by mid June, June 15th to be exact. The Sprint website has July as a possible release time.

While we're on the subject of releases, does anyone know if Blackberry will release a nextel Blackberry? I know AT&T Wireless has the Blackberry Curve which has push to talk, which I don't understand considering no one buys walkie talkie phones unless it's a nextel, but there is no announcement for a push to talk for sprint/nextel. Anyone know. Thanks.

Giancarlo219
06-08-2007, 12:04 PM
Nevermind, I got my answer in the Rumor thread.

shona67
06-08-2007, 01:26 PM

BlackBerry 8830 hitting Sprint next month? - Engadget Mobile (http://www.engadgetmobile.com/2007/06/08/blackberry-8830-hitting-sprint-next-month/)

harryzuluberries
06-08-2007, 01:30 PM
via boy genius report, July 1st through business channels and web sales and july 15th to the rest o' ya'll. hehe.

RoC1909
06-08-2007, 02:32 PM
I really appreciate you going all out and giving me that top secret information. I promise to keep your sources safe. Great forum member.

Well, this is the Internet. Grow a thicker skin or don't log on.

Have you CALLED a Sprint store to see if they can help you?? Maybe if you mentioned that you attempted that. Have you looked at the Sprint website?

Great forum member!

Dubdub
06-08-2007, 04:48 PM
With the latest announcement concerning the Qualcomm patent case, if that device has Qualcomm chips, it might not get released until the case is settled and the judge's order is lifted. Carriers can sell devices with Qualcomm chips that have already been released, but cannot release any new phones with the cipset. I don't know if that includes the Sprint 8830 or not since Verizon has it already.

John Clark
06-08-2007, 06:50 PM

This is an accurate statement. Everything else is just rumor. Boy Genius *might* be right. He generally is but it's still a rumor.

harryzuluberries
06-08-2007, 07:28 PM
This is an accurate statement. Everything else is just rumor. Boy Genius *might* be right. He generally is but it's still a rumor.

Actually, before I read the BGR this morning, I was in an...excuse me, what used to be an NRS and the CSR there told me when I inquired about it that it was supposed to be released this month but has been pushed back to July. He says he wasn't told why. Now, I usually take what the nextel NRS's say with a grain of salt because I usually know more about their products and their release dates than they do but BGR's post pretty much backed it up. Now, to invalidate everything I just said........pretty much still a rumor til it's officially announced. I know, I know "so why did i waste my 'breath'." Temporary boredom. :razz:

ArgonNJ
06-08-2007, 07:47 PM
Well, this is the Internet. Grow a thicker skin or don't log on.

Have you CALLED a Sprint store to see if they can help you?? Maybe if you mentioned that you attempted that. Have you looked at the Sprint website?

Great forum member!

People come to message boards for help. All too often new members are greated with insults, smart assed remarks and plain rude behavior. DC/DC could have simply said July, but instead a smart ass remark was offered instead.

larryj357
06-08-2007, 10:23 PM
People come to message boards for help. All too often new members are greated with insults, smart assed remarks and plain rude behavior. DC/DC could have simply said July, but instead a smart ass remark was offered instead.

Exactly. Why even post if your not going to be helpful? I am actually not a new member. I have been reading this site for a year and a half and almost daily for the last 6 months or so. I new about the July time from, but early july or late july. From reading the Boy Genius it looks like I might be able to get it July 1st. I have a business account. I can't wait to just carry one phone. I currently have a T-mobile pearl and a Sprint Treo 700P. I will be strictly blackberry for the first time ever.

dc/dc
06-09-2007, 12:46 AM

Like John Clark said, I would have said July if that was for sure, but I didn't want to give larryj357 a hard-on only to leave him blue-balled when July comes and goes with no Sprint 8830. It's just not Cricket. Therefore, I answered in about the most accurate fashion possible based on the facts available.

jwcanada
06-27-2007, 08:03 PM

My internal RIM contacts that specifically work for the Sprint BU has confirmed July 1 as the release date. For whatever reason Sprint can't get their head out of their tail and at least release a device at the same time as Verizon. I understand they have no control over the release over the bigger spectrum of the GSM carriers but come on. I am hoping this trend does not continue as my users are always wanting the new devices but Sprint is our primary carrier. Holding them off is sometimes a challenge!

netwiz01
06-27-2007, 11:14 PM

I was told July 1st for select markets.

I was also told to contact your local Sprint store during business hours to confirm (ask to speak to the office manager).

Steve-hose
06-29-2007, 08:57 AM
Sprint telesales told me yesterday that it would be for sale on July 1.

jwcanada
06-29-2007, 02:27 PM
Sprint telesales told me yesterday that it would be for sale on July 1.

The date is definitely July 1. I have multiple very reliable sources telling me this so I have no reason to think all of them are pulling my chain!

bmw1986
06-29-2007, 10:10 PM
How much?

jwcanada
06-30-2007, 02:13 AM
It all depends if your buying through a company (like I am) which will get discounted pricing or if your paying retail. I never know what retail is because we pay alot less than retail for all devices