PDA

View Full Version : 7130e Verizon question

DonE
06-07-2007, 09:15 PM
I am going to buy a used 7130e (ebay I guess is the only place to buy a good one - comments?) to replace my WM device. I called Verizon and they said sure, we can accomodate you, BUT I will have to buy the BB Unlimited plan (ouch - big $$) because the device is constantly transmitting and receiving data.

Can't you turn that feature off? My primary reason for changing to the BB is that my company supports only BB when sync'ing to Outlook and I need contacts, calendar and tasks. I have no desire to receive email. I just want a PDA phone - and it has to be a BB (again, a company thing).

Thx

John Clark
06-07-2007, 11:17 PM
There have been issues with Verizon and turning off the data. They charge you for data even when you aren't "on a plan."

Dawg
06-08-2007, 06:19 AM
Verizon will force you to have a data plan of some sort no way around it. It is something to do with an agreement with RIM. I tried to hook one up last week for my wife and was told no way.

Raven
06-08-2007, 11:41 AM
I am going to buy a used 7130e (ebay I guess is the only place to buy a good one - comments?) ...
Also before you buy the bb from eBay get the PIN or ESN from the seller, call vzw and have them check there database to make sure the unit is not flagged as lost or stolen...

DonE
06-08-2007, 06:20 PM
Also before you buy the bb from eBay get the PIN or ESN from the seller, call vzw and have them check there database to make sure the unit is not flagged as lost or stolen...

Wow - great info. Thank you

Raven
06-10-2007, 10:16 PM
If the seller won't give you the ESN or PIN there is a large chance that the unit is stolen...

Dawg
06-11-2007, 06:14 AM
If the seller won't give you the ESN or PIN there is a large chance that the unit is stolen...

if he wont give that then I wouldnt buy it

darkstar7
06-29-2007, 10:15 AM
Correct, you are unable to activate a Blackberry without a data paln of some kind due to an agreement with RIM.

There are 4 data plans that should be available.
Unlimited, 10MB Limited, 5MB Limited (Business Plan Only) and Pay-Per-KB

After all what is a Blackberry without a data plan? In RIM's eyes a expensive paper-weight :razz: