PDA

View Full Version : BlueTooth and Voice dial

QWKNEWSS
06-07-2007, 10:55 PM
This could be a bug with my headset, however maybe not. The BT HS works fine but when I hit the button on my HS to bring up the voice dial, the 8830 says "initalizing, please wait" and just sits there forever. IF BT is off then voice dial works slick. I really don't use it much, but it worked fine on my Sammy i730. Anyone else have this issue?

QWKNEWSS
06-07-2007, 11:00 PM
Seems that with BT active, if I hit the VoiceDial on the phone it does the same thing. It only works if I deactivate BT.

Kopter
06-08-2007, 06:58 AM
Ditto here QWKNEWSS.... I have tried to use VoiceDial with all 3 of my BT headsets (I had to keep buying one until I found the best.... Plantronics Voyager 510... IMHO (y) )

The "initalizing, please wait" message just sits there until I deactivate the HS.

Oh well.... I finally found SOMETHING to gripe about re: my 8830

peace

Runamuck
06-08-2007, 10:09 AM
Odd...voice dialing works fine on my 8800 with a BT Jawbone and Plantronics 655.

takeshi
06-08-2007, 11:56 AM
Hmm, works fine on my 8800 with a Voyager 510.

WillWeb
08-13-2007, 02:14 PM
I'm having the same problem with my VZW 8830 and Moto H700. If I hit the earpiece button it just sits on "Initializing". If I hold the button, it redials though. Funny thing is, it was working fine when I first got the phone. About the same time as I stopped being able to voice dial with the BT connected, the voice dial prompts (when I activate it with BT off) stopped coming through the speakerphone and switched to the earpiece. Any ideas out there for a confused newby?

WillWeb
08-14-2007, 01:59 PM
Update: Deleting and re-pairing the earpiece didn't do any good, but after visiting the FAQ wiki I tried a battery pull and that did the trick. Hopefully it will stay fixed...

nhards
01-23-2008, 02:01 PM
OK for some reason a few days ago the voice dialing option stopped using the speaker phone when I press the button, it just uses the regular speaker or when I have my bluetooth ear piece on it goes there no problem

Any idea how I managed to deactivate the voice dialer to not use the speaker when I am not using my ear piece.

Note: I always have the Bluetooth option turned on from the BB so I just have to flip open my ear piece and thats it.

Thanks in advance