PDA

View Full Version : Orange browser issue

jamesbondOO7
06-08-2007, 03:16 AM
My provider is Orange. I have only one browser available on my BB. That browser does not allow me to download anything that does not come from Orangeworld website.
Any idea how I can go pass that?
Thanks!

IanR
06-08-2007, 04:29 AM
Not sure if this answers your question. I am on vodafone and was disappointed when I first used the WAP as it went straight to Vodafone Live. However when I clicked the menu button and then "go to" I was able to type in whatever website I wanted.

Sorry if this is down the wrong track.

Ian R

jamesbondOO7
06-08-2007, 04:39 AM
Thanks for your reply, but that's not what I was looking for. I can go to other sites, but the only one that allows me to download ringtones for example is Orangeworld. On the other sites, I can view or listen, but there is no option to download.

griffjnr
06-09-2007, 05:28 AM
Thanks for your reply, but that's not what I was looking for. I can go to other sites, but the only one that allows me to download ringtones for example is Orangeworld. On the other sites, I can view or listen, but there is no option to download.

Have you set up your APN settings. Go to options, then advanced options then TCP. APN is orangeinternet in lower case all one word with username and password left blank. I don't know if this will help but I have had the 8700, 8100 and now 8800 with Orange and they don't let you download from their website because the phone is not compatible. If you search this forum there are other sites that let you get wallpapers, ringtones and themes OTA. Try blackberryvault.com.

jamesbondOO7
06-09-2007, 07:52 AM
My APN settings are all blank.
Again, my problem is that I cannot download anything from sites other than orangeworld (I can view or listen, but cannot download). That sentence also means that I CAN indeed download from orangeworld website. From your reply, it seems that you understood that I could not.
:?