PDA

View Full Version : Seidio extended life battery for Blackberry 8800/8830

seidioseidio
06-08-2007, 06:35 AM
Seidio will release the extended life battery for Blackberry 8800/8830. If you would like to be notified when it is released, please send an email to BB8800@<hidden>

Maverickster
06-08-2007, 08:05 AM
Same size as the current battery or will there be a bulge and a different battery cover?

Thanks.

--Mav "A Happy Seido BB 8800 Holser Owner" rick

Maverickster
06-20-2007, 08:01 PM
Any news on this?

Thanks.

--Mav

seidioseidio
06-20-2007, 10:16 PM
Any news on this?

Thanks.

--Mav

Yes, it is a 2400 mah extended battery with the included battery door.

ssbands04
06-20-2007, 10:36 PM
Does it make the blackberry thicker? Or does it use the regular battery cover?

cyprus
06-22-2007, 09:11 AM

Any idea when the extended battery will be available? Does this make the device thicker?

woodi68
06-22-2007, 10:15 AM
The "included battery door" indicates that it will be thicker, like every other extended life battery.

nimocone
06-22-2007, 12:29 PM

Does this mean it's out? I checked the website and couldn't find it.

speedbagger
06-22-2007, 12:39 PM
how bout a extended battery that is the same size?

and don't tell me it can't be done.............because it can--its just more expensive to produce.

i'd be willing to pay more for it. anyone else??

amursko
06-22-2007, 02:44 PM

and don't tell me it can't be done.............because it can--its just more expensive to produce.

i'd be willing to pay more for it. anyone else??I'd buy at least one, perhaps two same size extended batteries. I'd pay $100 if necessary.

I will NOT buy a larger-size extended battery.

It can absolutely be done - if the battery in the razor-thin IPhone is as good as reported, it's very doable. It doesn't even have to be 2400mah as opposed to the standard 1400mah - I'd be thrilled with a same-size 1800mah battery.

Make it, Seidio.

DallasFlier
06-24-2007, 12:02 PM

i'd be willing to pay more for it. anyone else??
I'd buy at least one, perhaps two same size extended batteries. I'd pay $100 if necessary.

I will NOT buy a larger-size extended battery.

It can absolutely be done - if the battery in the razor-thin IPhone is as good as reported, it's very doable. It doesn't even have to be 2400mah as opposed to the standard 1400mah - I'd be thrilled with a same-size 1800mah battery.

Make it, Seidio.
Uhh, its not that simple. The argument of "it can - its just more expensive to produce" works when the original battery was NiCd or NiMH and you're moving to a newer, more energy efficient technology like Lithium. In this case, the original BlackBerry battery is already Lithium, and the battery capacity is DIRECTLY related to the volume of the battery. So there's no way to stuff more capacity into a battery without increasing the physical volume of the battery itself - or moving to a more efficient technology, which is not an option in this case.

speedbagger
06-25-2007, 10:59 AM
Uhh, its not that simple.........there's no way to stuff more capacity into a battery without increasing the physical volume of the battery

Uhh, whats not so simple is to get peoples minds around the fact that there is NO WAY rim is producing the most efficient Li-ion battery available given the packaging constraints.

2 seconds of research will tell you that physical volume is NOT the only measure in the Li-ion capacity equation.......and, yes, i have way too much time on my hands.....

Argonne Transportation - Lithium Battery Technology Patents (http://www.transportation.anl.gov/features/20050801_cathode_patent.html)

"composite-structure" electrode materials for rechargeable lithium-ion batteries...offer superior cost and safety features over state-of-the-art LiCoO2 electrodes that power conventional lithium-ion batteries...................An additional advantage of using electrode structures with manganese and nickel ions in the LiMO2 component is that these structures can accommodate additional lithium; they form layered Li2 MO2 structures without compromising the reversibility of the reaction, thereby providing additional capacity to the electrode.

someonexh
06-25-2007, 11:50 AM
subscribed.

packetknife
06-25-2007, 12:15 PM
Uhh, whats not so simple is to get peoples minds around the fact that there is NO WAY rim is producing the most efficient Li-ion battery available given the packaging constraints.

2 seconds of research will tell you that physical volume is NOT the only measure in the Li-ion capacity equation.......and, yes, i have way too much time on my hands.....

Argonne Transportation - Lithium Battery Technology Patents (http://www.transportation.anl.gov/features/20050801_cathode_patent.html)

"composite-structure" electrode materials for rechargeable lithium-ion batteries...offer superior cost and safety features over state-of-the-art LiCoO2 electrodes that power conventional lithium-ion batteries...................An additional advantage of using electrode structures with manganese and nickel ions in the LiMO2 component is that these structures can accommodate additional lithium; they form layered Li2 MO2 structures without compromising the reversibility of the reaction, thereby providing additional capacity to the electrode.

Frequently the biggest barrier to even the premium priced batteries is ~FAA~, not anything else. Laptop batteries "of the future" have remained that way simply because of FAA concerns.

With that said, I agree they could do better stock for a little more $$ and the business BBs at a minimum would do well to offer that as an option.

-Pk

DallasFlier
06-25-2007, 01:33 PM

OK, fine, if you change from the standard LiIon to this new LiMO2, then you can increase capacity - that is essentially changing the process, as I mentioned before. I was speaking of industry-standard LiIon technology - within a given technology, it is pretty much a matter of volume. So, do you know if this is airline/FAA approved? Do you know if there are ANY production facilities for batteries using this new patent and process? You said you're willing to pay a bit more - but are you willing to fund the hundreds of thousands (or maybe millions) of dollars it would take to set up a new factory? Its still not as simple as your friend's earlier statement of "Make it, Seidio!" I'd be willing to bet if it WERE that easy, you'd already see such batteries available - from Seidio or others.

speedbagger
06-25-2007, 01:50 PM
Do you know if there are ANY production facilities for batteries using this new patent and process?

yep, i'm working in one now. we're producing a composite-structure li-ion battery for the new iphone............;-) kidding.

my point is simply this: rim supplies a battery that they feel bb users will find acceptable in terms of capacity, period. to think you're getting the best battery that could be produced at that size is naive (no offense).

its up to seidio (and the other aftermarket wizards) to one-up them if they can justify the business case.

so, like i (and my other friends) have said, we're willing to pay more if this can be accomplished.

Nickster248
07-02-2007, 12:33 PM
Do you have an expected release date for the 8830 extended battery and door?

Nick

gibber9583
07-03-2007, 08:12 AM
/price

DallasFlier
07-03-2007, 08:47 AM
my point is simply this: rim supplies a battery that they feel bb users will find acceptable in terms of capacity, period. to think you're getting the best battery that could be produced at that size is naive (no offense).
And my point is this - I don't believe there are any better **commercially available** technologies today than the LiIon batteries that come with the BlackBerry. To think that one can provide a better battery at that size using technology that is **commercially available** today is naive (no offense).

its up to seidio (and the other aftermarket wizards) to one-up them if they can justify the business case.
More naivety? Seidio doesn't build and own battery factories. They buy **commercially available** batteries from offshore companies who have such factories.

so, like i (and my other friends) have said, we're willing to pay more if this can be accomplished.
Alrighty then - I suggest that when you and your other friends are willing to invest millions that it would take to commercialize and build a plant for this newly patented technology that you threw out there, Seidio would love to hear from you, so give them a call when you get that factory running! (Or when you're aware of ANY factory **commercially producing** batteries with higher capacity/volume ratios!)

seidioseidio
07-03-2007, 11:24 AM
Is it hot in here or is it just me? J Thought I might be able to help clear some of this up.

Uhh, its not that simple...This part is true. It is sometimes very difficult to design a thinner battery due to technology restraints. We as a company have to decide first if it’s possible and if it is, does the difference in capacity justify the cost.

…there's no way to stuff more capacity into a battery without increasing the physical volume of the battery itself - or moving to a more efficient technology, which is not an option in this case.…I don't believe there are any better **commercially available** technologies today than the LiIon batteries that come with the BlackBerry. To think that one can provide a better battery at that size using technology that is **commercially available** today is naive (no offense).Actually this is what we do every day. One of our best examples of this is our original 2400mAh battery for the Treo 700/650. The OEM battery is 1800mAh, but we managed to get 2400mAh out of the same physical space. We’ve also done this with the 755p, 8525, Motorola Q, and most recently the T-Mobile Dash.
…there is NO WAY rim is producing the most efficient Li-ion battery……rim supplies a battery that they feel bb users will find acceptable in terms of capacity, period…RIM, Palm and HTC are all in the business of selling phones. They are trying to achieve a certain price point and have to control costs. The battery is included in those costs. They will buy the battery that costs them the least amount of money but provides what they feel is an acceptable amount of usage.…Seidio doesn't build and own battery factories. They buy **commercially available** batteries from offshore companies who have such factories.We don’t build the factories, but we absolutely do manufacture the batteries. All of our batteries are custom designed and manufactured by us.
…I suggest that when you and your other friends are willing to invest millions…If you’re going to invest millions I would suggest my kids' college fund. It’s a very worthy cause…I promise! J

Robm15
07-03-2007, 12:59 PM
SeidioSeidio,
Is there a date you can give us for availability of the extended life battery for the 8830? And expected price?

thank you

gibber9583
07-05-2007, 10:03 AM
Yes, i am looking for the same...Price and availability please? Pretty please?

seidioseidio
07-05-2007, 10:55 AM
SeidioSeidio,
Is there a date you can give us for availability of the extended life battery for the 8830? And expected price?

thank you
I don't have an exact ETA, but we're hoping to release it later this month. I apologize, but I don't have any information on pricing.

Thanks,

gibber9583
07-05-2007, 10:56 AM
:-(

*Tries to be patient*

someonexh
07-05-2007, 11:07 AM
:-(

*Tries to be patient*

You, like myself.. an 8830 verizon user have nothing but practice with patience ;)... grrr... I hate waiting.

Fafafoooey
07-19-2007, 07:22 AM
any updates?

someonexh
07-19-2007, 07:25 AM
I could have swore I signed up for something on his site to let me know when it's available.. anyone else?

BFEINZIMER
07-19-2007, 12:58 PM
I'd be down but I had the battery door with the reset hole on my 700p and the product was kind of crappy...:/

DaBlackberryBoy
07-21-2007, 04:03 PM
seidioseidio, how is the battery for the 8800 coming? Can you provide us with any updates...anxiously awaiting!

cadon69
07-21-2007, 04:14 PM
seidioseidio, how is the battery for the 8800 coming? Can you provide us with any updates...anxiously awaiting!

I am too, please anything to keep me going.

DaBlackberryBoy
07-25-2007, 08:51 PM
I don't have an exact ETA, but we're hoping to release it later this month. I apologize, but I don't have any information on pricing.

Thanks,

seidioseidio,
I see your online, please stop by and give us an update!!!!! :smile:

gibber9583
07-26-2007, 06:50 AM
Another important question regarding this battery.....Will there be SILVER battery doors available for VZW 8830 at the time this is released?

seidioseidio
07-27-2007, 10:28 AM
seidioseidio,
I see your online, please stop by and give us an update!!!!! :smile:
Sorry, but I don't have any new information. You guys know I'll let you know when I know!

seidioseidio
07-27-2007, 10:29 AM
Another important question regarding this battery.....Will there be SILVER battery doors available for VZW 8830 at the time this is released?I'm not sure which door will be released first, but I'm sure eventually we'll have all the door colors.

Thanks

DaBlackberryBoy
07-27-2007, 12:35 PM
Sorry, but I don't have any new information. You guys know I'll let you know when I know!

So lets just assume mid to next month then since the newer 8800's have come out. Patience has once again set in for the meantime :)...

gibber9583
07-27-2007, 12:57 PM
damnit, i think the black battery cover is going to come out first. VZW customers screwed again! :-( Cant we ever catch a break?

michsu
07-27-2007, 04:40 PM
Read this thread about another extended battery :

http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-8800-series-discussion/87235-extended-battery-rip-off-real-thing.html#post615385

# Q: Actually, the battery is based on the "blacklight" function you have.. I used to have "blacklight" always on, and display time of 2 minutes and it will run out in about 1 day... now I have the "blacklight" (auto-adjust) off, and run about 20 seconds time, and it can last for 2-3 days, even with emailing, checking internet, playing games.. I think that is the feature that most people miss.. Your battery is good that it allows 25% boost in energy, but of course 2400mAh (+71%) is much better.. with 2400mAh, that will last one whole week without needing to charge =)
A: Thanks for your input. I'm sure someone else will find this helpful.

# Q: My battery goes from 100% (not charge throughout the night) from 8pm last night, to 1pm today, and battery only dropped to 75% (17 hours time).. this is with backlight "off" and 20 seconds display time.. 17 x 4 = 68 hours (almost 3 days) =)
A:

I bought the battery (they said the battery was 950mAh, but actually I looked ALL OVER the internet) and saw that the battery was 1400mAh.. so this extended battery gives 25% boost..

right now, I am able to get 68 hours (3 days) if I set the backlight to "auto adjust" and 20 seconds.. about 24 hours (1 day) for backlight to "always on" and 2 minutes display time..

I ordered the battery and will see if it is better than original... The Seidio is too slow to come =( with 3 days + 25% boost ==> 4 days.. one day improvement is better than nothing for now.. with the proposed 2400mAh, that will give a boost of 71% , SO 3 days + 71% boost ==> 5-6 days... a whole week without charging.. and frequent use (3 pushed emails, downloading , and playing games) that will be nice =)

michsu
07-27-2007, 04:50 PM
this is for the Blackberry 8800

Summary
========
Backlight Auto, 20 seconds ===> 3 days battery time

Backlight Always On, 2 minutes ==> 1 day battery time

Igonemobile extended battery is 1800mAh (original is 1400mAh) ==> 25% boost

so you can do the math (3 ==> 4, and 1 ==> 1.25)

that setting seems to be most important to the battery life you can get out of your Blackberry..

I'm not trying to put down Seidio =( sorry about that.. but if competition has something out already, then we will likely use their product first.. I was waiting for your battery ever since you started, but you keep delaying the product.. originally it was supposed to be out end of May ... =( I hope that you do a 2400mAh.. I will switch back if you do that.. but if it is less (around 1800-2000), then no thanks =(

DaBlackberryBoy
07-27-2007, 08:56 PM
this is for the Blackberry 8800

Summary
========
Backlight Auto, 20 seconds ===> 3 days battery time

Backlight Always On, 2 minutes ==> 1 day battery time

Igonemobile extended battery is 1800mAh (original is 1400mAh) ==> 25% boost

so you can do the math (3 ==> 4, and 1 ==> 1.25)

that setting seems to be most important to the battery life you can get out of your Blackberry..

I'm not trying to put down Seidio =( sorry about that.. but if competition has something out already, then we will likely use their product first.. I was waiting for your battery ever since you started, but you keep delaying the product.. originally it was supposed to be out end of May ... =( I hope that you do a 2400mAh.. I will switch back if you do that.. but if it is less (around 1800-2000), then no thanks =(

michsu,

Thanks for your input. I agree with your points exactly. I hope seidio comes through soon.

MJ23FE
07-31-2007, 11:41 PM
Any progress on this extended life battery???

-Jalal

MJ23FE
08-06-2007, 02:43 PM
Any word on this???

AnthroMatt
08-06-2007, 02:53 PM
damnit, i think the black battery cover is going to come out first. VZW customers screwed again! :-( Cant we ever catch a break?
Screwed again? But you have THE NETWORK! It's all us other poor souls that are screwed! :razz:

DaBlackberryBoy
08-06-2007, 03:08 PM
For those who just cannot wait, I found a possible extended battery for the 8800/8300 series. I just got the battery today, check out the post for more...
http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-8800-series-discussion/87235-extended-battery-rip-off-real-thing.html

EDIT: Not to salt out seidio at all, but for those looking for an alternative in the meantime. The battery is 1800mAh, so if seidio comes out with its patented 2400mAh, you know I'll be switching back in a heartbeat. :)

michsu
08-06-2007, 03:34 PM
Any wood on the 2400mAh battery? We have been waiting since late May for the release, but still no news.. I tried the iGoneMobile (STAY AWAY!!) read my post about them... they picked the wrong person to send a bad product to..

http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-8800-series-discussion/87235-extended-battery-rip-off-real-thing.html#post615385

Reselleratings (IGoneMobile) ---
Six Month Rating - 4.0
Lifetime Raing - 4.06
iGoneMobile.com / Gigabargains.com Customer Ratings, Reviews and Prices at ResellerRatings (http://www.resellerratings.com/store/iGoneMobile_Gigabargains)

DaBlackberryBoy
08-06-2007, 04:00 PM
Read this thread about another extended battery :

# Q: Actually, the battery is based on the "blacklight" function you have.. I used to have "blacklight" always on, and display time of 2 minutes and it will run out in about 1 day... now I have the "blacklight" (auto-adjust) off, and run about 20 seconds time, and it can last for 2-3 days, even with emailing, checking internet, playing games.. I think that is the feature that most people miss.. Your battery is good that it allows 25% boost in energy, but of course 2400mAh (+71%) is much better.. with 2400mAh, that will last one whole week without needing to charge =)
A: Thanks for your input. I'm sure someone else will find this helpful.

# Q: My battery goes from 100% (not charge throughout the night) from 8pm last night, to 1pm today, and battery only dropped to 75% (17 hours time).. this is with backlight "off" and 20 seconds display time.. 17 x 4 = 68 hours (almost 3 days) =)
A:

I bought the battery (they said the battery was 950mAh, but actually I looked ALL OVER the internet) and saw that the battery was 1400mAh.. so this extended battery gives 25% boost..

right now, I am able to get 68 hours (3 days) if I set the backlight to "auto adjust" and 20 seconds.. about 24 hours (1 day) for backlight to "always on" and 2 minutes display time..

I ordered the battery and will see if it is better than original... The Seidio is too slow to come =( with 3 days + 25% boost ==> 4 days.. one day improvement is better than nothing for now.. with the proposed 2400mAh, that will give a boost of 71% , SO 3 days + 71% boost ==> 5-6 days... a whole week without charging.. and frequent use (3 pushed emails, downloading , and playing games) that will be nice =)

michsu,

Before the iGoneMobile battery went belly up for you, how was it fairing since your last post from above?

michsu
08-06-2007, 04:09 PM
I think they sent me the original battery (well, their version of the original)... well, couldn't really tell because there was no label on the battery... but the battery was able to fit in the Blackberry with the original door.. so it must have been an original, and not extended one.. I think the "retaining" power was actually lower than the original RIM battery... so their product is not good.. their "extended" battery is probably the same as the original RIM... so you basically lose 25% by "overextending" the power... so the Seido's 2400 x 0.80 = 1920... and 1920 mAh is better than the original of 1400.. but not by much...

DaBlackberryBoy
08-06-2007, 04:17 PM
I cant do all the math that you have done to figure out (commend you for it), but if after this week, I don't see a difference, then I will be out $30 for this, which I had to spend because the general (wife) paid for her own nails this week. :) I let you know how I fair with it, and hope you can get that switched and resolved if you want. I think the extended might help some for now, until we see seidio step out...

michsu
08-06-2007, 04:41 PM
haha, I left a nasty question (comment) on their Igonemobile website... same thing as I left here... about the rubber-band issue and no invoice slip.. also, I left the reselleratings.com link.. they removed both within 1 hour's time... lol... guess they don't like people leaving 'bad' comments..

someonexh
08-08-2007, 06:33 AM
And they won't fix your issue? :(

btaylor1
08-08-2007, 07:26 AM
[i posted this in another battery thread too...]

this is all interesting. i've had my 8800 since march. regular battery has done fine. but last coupla weeks, instead of having a couple of solid days of battery time sans charging, i instead have had less than a day. new at&t phone store swapped me a new (standard) li battery yesterday, and while today will be first day to put a full charge on it, it already seems much better like the original battery used to be. i wonder if blackberry batteries sometimes just quit holding charge well, out of blue and for now apparent reason!

DaBlackberryBoy
08-08-2007, 01:42 PM
[i posted this in another battery thread too...]

this is all interesting. i've had my 8800 since march. regular battery has done fine. but last coupla weeks, instead of having a couple of solid days of battery time sans charging, i instead have had less than a day. new at&t phone store swapped me a new (standard) li battery yesterday, and while today will be first day to put a full charge on it, it already seems much better like the original battery used to be. i wonder if blackberry batteries sometimes just quit holding charge well, out of blue and for now apparent reason!

I would agree. I had an 8700 for the longest, and swapped batteries when I started noticing the decrease in the full charge. I would venture to say your accurate, but I am unsure of how good of "quality" some of the batteries nowadays in respect to your comment.

markmdz
08-13-2007, 01:31 PM
Any news yet? I have a handfull of users that sure would love an extended battery for their 8830's.

DaBlackberryBoy
08-18-2007, 08:30 PM
Any news yet? I have a handfull of users that sure would love an extended battery for their 8830's.

Yeah I second that, any word? It has been about one whole month and no word on a delay or what. Hope seidio can drop by and give us an update soon :?

DaBlackberryBoy
08-27-2007, 03:29 PM
Pushing about 3 months since the original post, seidio, any word on your battery for the 8800, or are you waiting for the newer 8000 series of blackberries to come out?

seidioseidio
09-14-2007, 07:39 PM
Seidio plans to release OEM sized extended battery for BB8800/8830 next week.

Seidio

someonexh
09-14-2007, 08:18 PM
Seidio plans to release OEM sized extended battery for BB8800/8830 next week.

Seidio

any more detailes???? hehe.

roofus
09-15-2007, 09:25 AM

Just secure it with duct tape . . . . it's silver! . . . . sort of!

leibdav1
09-17-2007, 09:59 AM
The battery is showing up on Seidio's website, however only on the 8800 side. It doesn't show as being in stock, but it is picture on their website. It's going to be the same size as the current battery available from RIM but with higher capacity.

DaBlackberryBoy
09-17-2007, 07:41 PM
The battery is showing up on Seidio's website, however only on the 8800 side. It doesn't show as being in stock, but it is picture on their website. It's going to be the same size as the current battery available from RIM but with higher capacity.

10 to 15% more juice doesnt seem like much to me. I have been with the iGoneMobile extended battery for about a month and some change and love it. I can go pretty much all day without getting below 90%.

seidioseidio
09-17-2007, 07:47 PM

Shipping for this battery begins today (9/17). They are in stock.

Seidio

roofus
09-18-2007, 06:08 AM
Shipping for this battery begins today (9/17). They are in stock.

Seidio

I don't understand . . . . the OEM battery is 1400mAh and yours is 1300mAh but yours lasts 15% longer?????

seidioseidio
09-18-2007, 06:19 AM
I don't understand . . . . the OEM battery is 1400mAh and yours is 1300mAh but yours lasts 15% longer?????

Seidio OEM sized extended battery for BB8800 is 1600 mah.
Seidio OEM sized extedned battery for BB8300 is 1300 mah.

Seidio

roofus
09-18-2007, 06:25 AM
Seidio OEM sized extended battery for BB8800 is 1600 mah.
Seidio OEM sized extedned battery for BB8300 is 1300 mah.

Seidio

Thanks for the clarification . . . I must have been looking at the wrong model.:oops:

seidioseidio
09-18-2007, 06:50 AM
Seidio is working on 2600 mah super extended battery for BB8800. This battery will almost double the battery life as compared with stock battery.
It requires a new door. The door will extend about 4 mm out. The battery is ready, but we are still waiting for the door to be ready. I do not have ETA yet, it should be ready soon. The door may be rubberized.

Seidio

someonexh
09-18-2007, 06:51 AM
Seidio is working on 2600 mah super extended battery for BB8800. This battery will almost double the battery life as compared with stock battery.
It requires a new door. The door will extend about 4 mm out. The battery is ready, but we are still waiting for the door to be ready. I do not have ETA yet, it should be ready soon. The door will be rubberized.

Seidio

ooh nice. now when you say 8800.. is this 88xx? as in 8830.. 8800.. or only the 8800?

Will it still fit in the stock holster?

DaBlackberryBoy
09-18-2007, 03:02 PM
It requires a new door. The door will extend about 4 mm out. The battery is ready, but we are still waiting for the door to be ready. I do not have ETA yet, it should be ready soon. The door may be rubberized.

Seidio

Now that's what I'm talkin about! Bring that one on!

adamsbrian74
09-19-2007, 09:13 AM
If the super extended is only 4mm extension to the size of the OEM battery, why not just make it 2400mAh and keep it the same stock size?

Just wondering why the decision to make it larger than the stock size battery.

kmehling
09-19-2007, 10:41 AM
I just placed an order for the big battery- the 2600 mah battery and door. It said on the site it was "In Stock" and I got a receipt, so hopefully that means it's on its way.

FWIW - this will be going into a road-warriors 8830e (Verizon) BB. He says the published estimates on battery life are all well and good for some people, but he has to charge his almost twice a day he's on the phone so much, emailing, tethering, etc.

Hopefully this will get him through one day.

btaylor1
09-19-2007, 10:44 AM
i'll be interested if it will still fit in the holster.

also, i purchased a car install (can't remember from whom) into which 8800 snaps niceley. wonder if that would not work with the oversize battery. if so might be deal killer for me

DallasFlier
09-19-2007, 11:06 AM
I just placed an order for the big battery- the 2600 mah battery and door. It said on the site it was "In Stock" and I got a receipt, so hopefully that means it's on its way.
Hmm, I sure don't see it on their site. Have a URL?

nuopus
09-19-2007, 11:33 AM

Not until VZW changes their "lets screw our customers and nickle and dime them into paying more money while providing hobbled phones at the same price as the other guys unhobbled ones" policy.

leibdav1
09-19-2007, 11:38 AM
If you found a 2600 mah battey, post the url, I'd def be willing to pick one of those up, it'd be worth it for me.

seidioseidio
09-19-2007, 06:52 PM

FWIW - this will be going into a road-warriors 8830e (Verizon) BB. He says the published estimates on battery life are all well and good for some people, but he has to charge his almost twice a day he's on the phone so much, emailing, tethering, etc.

Hopefully this will get him through one day.

You may confuse with our Blackberry 8300 2600 mah battery which is in stock. we do not have blackberry 8800 2600 mah battery in stock yet. Please let me have your order # so we can stop the order ASAP>

Seidio

nimocone
09-19-2007, 10:00 PM
Now that's what I'm talkin about! Bring that one on!

I'm with you totally! I hate the wait...

zerog46
09-19-2007, 10:17 PM
Same here I bought the one for my 8700 and loved the bigger battery, I can't wait til this one comes out.

dilipc
09-22-2007, 07:10 AM

Seidio

Is it possible to be notified when this will be available, Seidio? I am waiting for it so I can order the super extended battery as well as the unskinned clip holder - since I am in India, a combo order works cheaper in terms of shipping!8-)

amssr
09-22-2007, 09:48 AM
When I went to the http://www.seidio.com web site, my spyware program from Symantec indicated the following attack was lanched against my computer; (Information is from Symantec's website - HTTP Quicktime RTSP URI BO (http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/nis_ids/s22063.html))

HTTP Quicktime RTSP URI BO
Severity: High

This attack could pose a serious security threat. You should take immediate action to stop any damage or prevent further damage from happening.

Description

This signature detects attempts to exploit a vulnerability in Apple QuickTime that allows an attacker to execute arbitrary code.

Additional Information

Apple QuickTime is prone to a remote buffer-overflow vulnerability. This issue is due to a failure of the application to properly bounds-check user-supplied input prior to copying it to an insufficiently sized stack-based memory buffer.

Specifically, URIs with the 'RTSP' scheme containing specifically formatted excessive data will result in a memory buffer being overrun with attacker-supplied data.n n This issue allows remote attackers to execute arbitrary machine code in the context of the affected application, facilitating the remote compromise of affected computers.

Attackers exploit this issue by coercing targeted users to access malicious HTML or QTL files, or by executing malicious JavaScript code. Any of these methods allow attackers to launch an excessively long RTSP URI, triggering the issue.n n QuickTime version 7.1.3 is vulnerable to this issue; other versions may also be affected.

Affected:

Apple QuickTime Player 7.1.3

Response

Update to the latest version of Quicktime and ensure that all patches are applied.

Possible False Positives

There are no known false positives associated with this signature.

Additional References

CVE-2007-0015

MOAB-01-01-2007: Apple Quicktime rtsp URL Handler Stack-based Buffer Overflow

Apple QuickTime Homepage

SecurityFocus BID: 21829

sframs13
09-22-2007, 11:59 AM
on the website.
the battery is only offered if you click on the 8800. there is no option to order the battery in the 8830.

livspop
09-25-2007, 09:27 PM
on the website.
the battery is only offered if you click on the 8800. there is no option to order the battery in the 8830.

So, can anyone confirm the battery is compatible with the 8830?

CarlGalgano
09-26-2007, 05:16 AM

Seidio
Is this battery out yet? I dont see it on your website.

greggebhardt
09-26-2007, 06:38 AM
10 to 15% more juice doesnt seem like much to me. I have been with the iGoneMobile extended battery for about a month and some change and love it. I can go pretty much all day without getting below 90%.

If you are comming home with 90% at the end of the day, you don't need an extended battery!

I do agree with you and 10-15% extra is just not worth putting a "strange" battery in my device! On my worst day, I have put my 88xx on the charger before I went to bed with 25% remaining, most the time it is 50% or over which is just right for the OEM battery.

I do carry a car charge in the car incase hell freezes over but have only used it when picking up a new Blackberry!

DaBlackberryBoy
09-26-2007, 07:47 AM
If you are comming home with 90% at the end of the day, you don't need an extended battery!

I do agree with you and 10-15% extra is just not worth putting a "strange" battery in my device! On my worst day, I have put my 88xx on the charger before I went to bed with 25% remaining, most the time it is 50% or over which is just right for the OEM battery.

I do carry a car charge in the car incase hell freezes over but have only used it when picking up a new Blackberry!

I think I was misunderstood a little...before having an extended battery my battery was hovering around the 40 to 55% mark. After purchasing and cycling the ext batt from iGoneMobile, I return home with about 90%, of course barring if I have a day where my phone goes off nonstop.

As for seidio, I just wished that they would come out with a 24oomAh, and then I found another thread about their 26oomAh battery that they have coming out.

DaBlackberryBoy
10-20-2007, 09:57 AM
Folks, check out a PM I got back from seidio...

seidioseidio,

Hi, my name is Ward Mitchell (aka DaBlackberryBoy) here on the forums. I wanted to inquire to see if you were gonna come out with an extended battery for the 8800 that would be 22xxmAh or more. See http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-8800-series-discussion/80298-seidio-extended-life-battery-blackberry-8800-8830-a.html for more. You do not have to respond back to me, but if you could just post the status of that, others and myself would really really appreciate it. Thanks so much and sorry for the PM--no more to come. ;-)

yes, we plan to release 2600 mah in about 2 weeks. Can you post this update the forums, which color door do you have ?

Seidio

someonexh
10-20-2007, 01:40 PM
Folks, check out a PM I got back from seidio...

I am still wondering how big it will be :/ If it still fits in the stock holster.. I will buy it :)

btaylor1
10-20-2007, 03:52 PM
same here. i have a new at&t 8820. presumably enhanced battery would also be compatible with 8820 <?>. but i have a car speakerphone kit that i plug the 8820 into and it would have no tolerance for any extra girth on back of the 8820.

DaBlackberryBoy
10-20-2007, 06:28 PM
This is just an assumption...but the battery most likely will be a little thicker than the 1600mAh...something like the extended battery for the 8700g.

btaylor1
10-20-2007, 07:45 PM
thx. i got this kit for my 8800, and later upgraded handheld to current 8820. 8820 fits and works, but it's snug in the back. (i almost sensed the 8820 was a little fatter.) doesn't seem like any room at all for oversized back door or any increased thickness in the back at all. i'd be interested to hear if any 8800 or 8820 owner has tried an enhanced battery with a card speaker phone kit and had good luck, or bad.

Comfort Cradle Blackberry 8800 (http://www.celltechsolutions.net/comfort-cradle-blackberry-8800-p-1739.html)

DaBlackberryBoy
10-21-2007, 10:50 AM
thx. i got this kit for my 8800, and later upgraded handheld to current 8820. 8820 fits and works, but it's snug in the back. (i almost sensed the 8820 was a little fatter.) doesn't seem like any room at all for oversized back door or any increased thickness in the back at all. i'd be interested to hear if any 8800 or 8820 owner has tried an enhanced battery with a card speaker phone kit and had good luck, or bad.

Comfort Cradle Blackberry 8800 (http://www.celltechsolutions.net/comfort-cradle-blackberry-8800-p-1739.html)

I dont have a card speaker phone kit, but I do have an extended battery that has a special door to fit the thickness on a 8800, and this is the preferred case that I use (love it) - Krusell 89252 Classic Multidapt Case with SpringClip for Blackberry 8800 at MobileCityOnline.com (http://www.mobilecityonline.com/wireless/store/productdetail.asp?productid=22159)

I have always used Krussel cases for as long as I can remember. If and when seidio comes out with the 2600mAh for the 8800, this one would fit and keep the phone safe.

btaylor1
10-21-2007, 12:06 PM
good info. thx DaBlackberryBoy

SheepDog
10-22-2007, 07:33 PM
are special cases even going to be needed? I mean 4mm isnt much! The std BB case should fit it fine.

The middle of November is the target date for the new 2600 mah Seidio battery methinks. I want one!

DaBlackberryBoy
10-25-2007, 06:10 PM
are special cases even going to be needed? I mean 4mm isnt much! The std BB case should fit it fine.

The middle of November is the target date for the new 2600 mah Seidio battery methinks. I want one!

SheepDog,

You would be suprised, 4mm is not much but it does make the phone bulky looking and feeling once the new door is on there. I had a 8700g with their extended battery, and it added about 4mm. It made the phone vey compact, bug for someone with small hands, and bulky feeling for someone with big hands.

Special cases might not be needed, just depends on how the battery will fit existing cases...but I have a feeling alterations will be needed.

greggebhardt
10-26-2007, 05:33 AM
I think I was misunderstood a little...before having an extended battery my battery was hovering around the 40 to 55% mark. After purchasing and cycling the ext batt from iGoneMobile, I return home with about 90%, of course barring if I have a day where my phone goes off nonstop.

As for seidio, I just wished that they would come out with a 24oomAh, and then I found another thread about their 26oomAh battery that they have coming out.

Like I said for those who do not sleep and do not put their BB on the charge everynight, these higher capacity batteries will be desirable. For more the 88xx series OEM battery is MORE than enough. Putting a huge battery in your device and ending the day with 80-90% before charging is not good either!

DaBlackberryBoy
11-06-2007, 07:58 AM
You may confuse with our Blackberry 8300 2600 mah battery which is in stock. we do not have blackberry 8800 2600 mah battery in stock yet. Please let me have your order # so we can stop the order ASAP>

Seidio

How the 26xxmAh for the 8800 looking/coming along seidio? If possible, give us a quick update! Thanks

someonexh
11-06-2007, 11:05 AM

I just purchased the extended battery from seido and have it in my phone now. 8830.

This car kit, what is the exact point of it? I have an Acura TL that has built in bluetooth already paired with my phone, what would this car kit do? anything besides charge it?

btaylor1
11-06-2007, 11:48 AM
besides charging, gives a convenient place to mount the handheld, has its own antenna (and connects physically to an outside mounted antenna) and also somehow interacts with bluetooth to give me better hands free audio both ways while driving (through car stereo speakers, auto-muting the radio or whatever is playing)

someonexh
11-06-2007, 11:50 AM
hmm I might have to try it. :)

gep
11-06-2007, 01:39 PM
my wife could use this. she has an unlimited plan with sprint and she abuses that. I think she has a charger growing out of her hip.:smile: :smile: :?

SheepDog
11-06-2007, 10:08 PM
Seidio is strangely silent......

jsntrenkler
11-07-2007, 03:01 AM

Strange huh?

DaBlackberryBoy
11-07-2007, 09:04 AM
Strange huh?

Last time they were this quiet, I PMd them and they said that they had plans on having something at the end of October (which usually means 2 weeks after that - or more). I personally think they may have wanted to skip over giving the 8800's extra juice since more folks bought the 8820's/8830's etc,. Thus why they came out with the slimmed battery for the 8800. Smart move business wise which I can understand...

seidioseidio
11-07-2007, 12:22 PM
Sorry guys...we have to keep some mystery in our relationship! :smile:

We haven't forgotten about you...it's just been a little insane around here lately. There are a ton of new Smartphones coming out and we're working hard to keep up.

The 8800 battery life is much better than many of the Smartphones out there, so we've been trying to get those batteries out that are needed the most. The 1600mAh is selling very well for us and doesn't require a door at all. We are definitely still working on it, but just had to delay it a bit.

I'll definitely let you know when I have more information.

Thanks,

DaBlackberryBoy
11-12-2007, 03:10 PM
I am patient and will wait for the 2400mAh, but in response to the seidios comments about the 1600MAH battery for the 8800, is there anyone out there willing to testify to battery life. Any power users have one of these, if so chime in please.

Oh and Guess what greggebhardt, I finally went below 90%, so you should be happy now with your assessment. Sometimes I am busy and sometimes I am not, that day I posted I hit 90%. Average day, less then 50% from time leave home in AM to return home late in PM. Different people, different results.

someonexh
11-19-2007, 09:24 AM

damn I was just about to click the "finish" button on ordering this .. then I thought about the extended battery. I would hate to order it then buy an extended battery and have it not fit.

I am patient and will wait for the 2400mAh, but in response to the seidios comments about the 1600MAH battery for the 8800, is there anyone out there willing to testify to battery life. Any power users have one of these, if so chime in please.

Oh and Guess what greggebhardt, I finally went below 90%, so you should be happy now with your assessment. Sometimes I am busy and sometimes I am not, that day I posted I hit 90%. Average day, less then 50% from time leave home in AM to return home late in PM. Different people, different results.

I have had mine for a week, and honestly I can't really tell the difference :( I will normally keep my phone on the charger at work or I am almost dead buy the end of the day.. I am a power user 100+ emails a day 10+ txt messages maybe an hour worth of talk time or more... and of course chess :) I have only had it for a week so maybe it will get better, but thus far I have not seen much of a difference. :(

SheepDog
11-19-2007, 11:56 PM
I generally get 100 emails a day also. I do about 100 pins in a day also. (the wife!) Plus a couple of calls, gps, what have you. and am at maybe 40% after 14 or 15 hrs. I could use a bigger battery actually. I just want to wait for a really bigger battery. the 10-15% more battery doesnt really seem worthwhile to me.

Cavi Mike
11-19-2007, 11:59 PM
4mm is quite a lot of extra space, that's almost half the thickness of the phone itself. It appears to me that the best bet would be to maximize the amount of space already under the cover. The battery has a good .5mm of room between it and the sim card and there's at least 1mm between it and the OEM cover. I'm definitely not about to add a terrible bulge onto the back of this phone but after almost running out of battery today because I forgot to put it on charge for one measly night, I do need something. I hope this 4 month delay in production is due to Seidio looking at other options.

someonexh
11-20-2007, 05:26 AM
Pretty sure the "delay" is due to his response above:

"We haven't forgotten about you...it's just been a little insane around here lately. There are a ton of new Smartphones coming out and we're working hard to keep up.

The 8800 battery life is much better than many of the Smartphones out there, so we've been trying to get those batteries out that are needed the most"

With that said. I figure I will do some tests. I will not delete my mail that I get today so I know exactly how many I get today, I will not put my phone on my charger at work and will use it as normal. I will see what my battery is like before I go to sleep tonight. :)

DaBlackberryBoy
12-01-2007, 01:14 PM
Pretty sure the "delay" is due to his response above:

"We haven't forgotten about you...it's just been a little insane around here lately. There are a ton of new Smartphones coming out and we're working hard to keep up.

The 8800 battery life is much better than many of the Smartphones out there, so we've been trying to get those batteries out that are needed the most"

With that said. I figure I will do some tests. I will not delete my mail that I get today so I know exactly how many I get today, I will not put my phone on my charger at work and will use it as normal. I will see what my battery is like before I go to sleep tonight. :)

True someonexh, but should we give up hope here on seidio (when it comes to getting a 2400mAh for our 8800s)? I mean honestly, the promise (hate to use that word but...) was posted (OP) 06-08-2007, post #1 and 4 (below), and we are at the end of the year now. 1600mAh is nice, but it is not 2400 mAh, big difference. I can understand their markets are probably more profitable with other devices now and that they need to accomodate, no worries there, but just dont (hate to say it) promise and then not deliver. I have never received any emails on anything. I know that people and all get busy, yada yada yada, but when it comes down to it, empty promises lead to empty pockets and folks around here hate to be told one thing yet to get another (oh crap, thats life..), sorry for the rant (my first you should all be proud), it has just been annoying I guess. I love their products/service and hope they can do something to rectify (tell us hell no or it will be out...), if not, no sleep lost here... :)
---

Post #1:
Seidio will release the extended life battery for Blackberry 8800/8830. If you would like to be notified when it is released, please send an email to .... posted on 06-08-2007, 06:35 AM

Post #4:
Yes, it is a 2400 mah extended battery with the included battery door. posted on 06-20-2007, 10:16 PM

SheepDog
12-01-2007, 08:57 PM
either they are terribly over reaching or terribly under staffed. neither one is our fault. But they should not make promises that they cannot keep in a reasonable amount of time. It keeps us from buying elsewhere as we think we are supporting a sponsor. I for one will have to be sweet talked quite a bit after my ordering fiasco with them before I will ever purchase from them or recommend them to anyone.

CarlGalgano
12-01-2007, 10:11 PM
Since standard battery life is excellent for the 88xx series, the market for a 2400 battery will be small, and therefore they are concentrating limited resources on a market that will be bigger and better. Just good business sense if you ask me.

mrjerome
12-01-2007, 10:42 PM
My standard battery that came with the BB 8830 is good enough for me and I'm a landscaper, where I need my GPS all day to locate homes and answers calls, plus I listen to music as I work, so why do anyone needs a bigger battery?

SheepDog
12-02-2007, 12:41 AM
it's great if your bb lasts forever but some of ours do not. Mine is a cdma unit and uses the heck out of batteries with emails coming in at the rate of about 100 a day. add 100 pins and maybe 30 minutes of cell talk and you see I use my device a lot. I get about 18 hours of use and end up at about 20% or less by the time I can plug in.

Your experience is not everyones experience.

nimocone
12-02-2007, 01:23 AM
I'll agree with Sheepdog. Your experience may not require a need, but mine does. I'm also waiting for the 2400 to deliver...

DaBlackberryBoy
12-02-2007, 09:34 AM
I'll agree with Sheepdog. Your experience may not require a need, but mine does. I'm also waiting for the 2400 to deliver...

I'm glad to see I am not the only one who feels this way about seidio. The 2400mAh would give me enough power to handle the increased load on my BB (Ive been working the heck out of it with increased responsibilities) and just need something that give me enough juice to make it through the day without my device wanting to shutoff from lack of power. The iGoneMobile battery I got, its crap, stay away!!!!

someonexh
12-02-2007, 07:20 PM
it's great if your bb lasts forever but some of ours do not. Mine is a cdma unit and uses the heck out of batteries with emails coming in at the rate of about 100 a day. add 100 pins and maybe 30 minutes of cell talk and you see I use my device a lot. I get about 18 hours of use and end up at about 20% or less by the time I can plug in.

Your experience is not everyones experience.

Same as well. With the new battery from them I barely see any difference :(

seidioseidio
12-03-2007, 11:29 PM
Same as well. With the new battery from them I barely see any difference :(If you think your battery is defective, please email your contact and order information to forum@<hidden> and I'll make sure you get a replacement.

Thanks

seidioseidio
12-03-2007, 11:42 PM
I apologize again for the delays, and while I can't go into detail, I can assure you this project is still in the works.

When I have more information I'll definitely let you know.

Thanks

someonexh
12-04-2007, 08:14 AM
If you think your battery is defective, please email your contact and order information to forum@<hidden> and I'll make sure you get a replacement.

Thanks

Will do..

someonexh
12-06-2007, 02:09 PM
Seido had some quick responses via email, that made me feel much better. They are shipping me out a replacement for my battery :)

DaBlackberryBoy
01-13-2008, 11:01 AM
Well guess I will ask to ask, seidio, any updates on the 8800 2400mAh? Happy 2008 out to you!

seidioseidio
01-13-2008, 05:45 PM
Well guess I will ask to ask, seidio, any updates on the 8800 2400mAh? Happy 2008 out to you!Let me see what I can find out for you. I've been out at CES all week.

Thanks

SheepDog
01-13-2008, 07:33 PM
Let me see what I can find out for you. I've been out at CES all week.

Thanks

I bet CES was fun this time! Do tell what all you found to intrigue your company! New products to support no doubt?

DaBlackberryBoy
01-19-2008, 10:12 AM
Let me see what I can find out for you. I've been out at CES all week.

Thanks

seidio, hey wanted to see if you able to find anything out for us poor souls :cry: for the extended batt for the 8800

EDIT: And for those who say I have a 8700, my 8700 was my backup while I had a new replacement 8800 shipped to me

Andyn
01-20-2008, 01:08 AM
I bought two of the Seidio Extended life Batteries for my 8820 and 8830 about a month ago. From their website.

jling
01-21-2008, 07:58 AM
I bought two of the Seidio Extended life Batteries for my 8820 and 8830 about a month ago. From their website.

Have you noticed much difference from the OEM 8820 battery?

CarlGalgano
01-22-2008, 03:59 PM
ive been using one for about 2 months now. it is about 15-20% longer lasting. I have not close to running the battery all the way dead since I ordered mine.

SheepDog
01-22-2008, 09:58 PM
But I think Carl's BB is GSM yes? CDMA is the one that eats batteries for lunch. GSM just sips politely!

seidioseidio
01-23-2008, 01:30 PM
seidio, hey wanted to see if you able to find anything out for us poor souls :cry: for the extended batt for the 8800

EDIT: And for those who say I have a 8700, my 8700 was my backup while I had a new replacement 8800 shipped to meSorry...the larger extended battery project is on the backburner for now because we have so many new products in the works. It is still being considered, but we just don't know when we'll be able to get to it. In the meantime, the 1600mAh is doing very well and doesn't require a door.

Thanks,

SheepDog
01-23-2008, 10:31 PM
std is 1400 why would you make a 1600? have you tested with CDMA and does it even make a difference?

I assume that 1600 was as big as would still fit a std door?

seidioseidio
01-28-2008, 11:55 AM
std is 1400 why would you make a 1600? have you tested with CDMA and does it even make a difference?

I assume that 1600 was as big as would still fit a std door?We always pack our OEM sized batteries with as much power as we can, and 1600mAh was the max we could get in the 8800. Our tests show that you should see a 15-20% difference over your standard battery.

Thanks,

DaBlackberryBoy
01-28-2008, 11:59 AM
We always pack our OEM sized batteries with as much power as we can, and 1600mAh was the max we could get in the 8800. Our tests show that you should see a 15-20% difference over your standard battery.

Thanks,

This is great, but there were posts for a 2400 or 2600 super battery for the 8800. I know a busy schedule has got you busy, but can you at least give us some kind of estimate that we could try to hold you too on the battery or if it will never be done, then tell us that. I for one dont need 15-20% mor epower, but 50%+ as I am always on the go and need the juice!

seidioseidio
01-28-2008, 01:04 PM
This is great, but there were posts for a 2400 or 2600 super battery for the 8800. I know a busy schedule has got you busy, but can you at least give us some kind of estimate that we could try to hold you too on the battery or if it will never be done, then tell us that. I for one dont need 15-20% mor epower, but 50%+ as I am always on the go and need the juice!I apologize if my earlier post wasn't clear enough, but the project has been put on hold indefinitely. We're still considering it, but unfortunately I have no ETA on when or if it will be completed.

I'm sorry for any inconvinience.

DaBlackberryBoy
01-28-2008, 02:39 PM
I apologize if my earlier post wasn't clear enough, but the project has been put on hold indefinitely. We're still considering it, but unfortunately I have no ETA on when or if it will be completed.

I'm sorry for any inconvinience.

Thanks and in the future seidio, you might not want to post that you are making something until you truly know you are.

SheepDog
01-29-2008, 09:16 PM
get two batteries maybe? have one charged and one in the phone?
Get a car charger unit? easy and cheap!

DaBlackberryBoy
01-30-2008, 07:51 AM
get two batteries maybe? have one charged and one in the phone?
Get a car charger unit? easy and cheap!

That was my plan, and almost got them! Instead of doing the two though, it would have been nice to have a super battery and then the regular battery as a backup, just like I do for my 8700. If this battery was going come out for the 8800, I was going to switch back over to my 8800 from my 8700, but because I have a 2400mah for my 8700 and always busy/moving, I think i will keep with that and my 8700 for now until a bigger battery comes out for the 8800 - if it ever does from.