PDA

View Full Version : reminder alerts in calender seem to stop working

scottr65
06-08-2007, 05:39 PM
hello there i am new to blackberry and the 8830.i have been having some problems with my reminders not working.this is my second device with this problem. it worked in the store just fine. now it's not working again if i do a wipe of the device they come back but then it happens all over again. is anybody having a problem like this is there a fix or setting i'm missing?

clydefrog
06-08-2007, 06:01 PM
I have a similar problem. My calendar alerts had never worked, then I installed the daylight savings time patch and they worked until the phone turned off. Now they don't work anymore.

I haven't been able to find anything to fix this

scottr65
06-08-2007, 06:09 PM
a full wipe fixes mine but it will do it again this is a real hassel.

1tlcoop
06-20-2007, 11:30 AM
a full wipe fixes mine but it will do it again this is a real hassel.

I did not have to do a full wipe, but I did have to remove the battery and do a Hard Reboot to get mine back to normal.

clydefrog
06-20-2007, 11:43 AM
hard reboot has not worked for me

clydefrog
06-20-2007, 12:04 PM
hey I just found this on another thread

http://www.blackberryforums.com/general-8800-series-discussion/80845-8830-issues-resolved-sort.html

I just rebooted, it completely cleared my calendar so I have to re-input my schedule but the alerts now work. E-mail appears to work too.

cyprus
06-20-2007, 12:17 PM
This is a known issue. I called Verizon and the tech I spoke with told me that they are aware of the issue and RIM is working on it. I asked him for an ETA and he told me that they didnt have one.

Would have been nice if they would have TESTED a little more and fixed the problems when the OS was in beta...