PDA

View Full Version : 8800 Browser does not like HTTPS???

holden
06-10-2007, 08:39 AM
Hi...
I migrated from the 8700 to the 8800...
This is a duplicate post as I have found more information. I am not sure if others are having this issue but I cannot get to the Fiedlity site NetBenefits using the browser...
I d/l Opera and it does not have enough security to access this site either.
The 8800 Browser only returns error 400 then a 403 socket error.
Connection Refused...??:?

Anyone else having this issue? :cry:

celler
06-10-2007, 08:43 AM
Hi...
I migrated from the 8700 to the 8800...
This is a duplicate post as I have found more information. I am not sure if others are having this issue but I cannot get to the Fiedlity site NetBenefits using the browser...
I d/l Opera and it does not have enough security to access this site either.
The 8800 Browser only returns error 400 then a 403 socket error.
Connection Refused...??:?

Anyone else having this issue? :cry:

I regularly access https sites with no problems. Maybe you could tell us about the site you are trying to access. Web sites of many banks in particular have multiple levels of security that the mobile browsers (even Opera) cannot handle.

Craig.

trams
06-10-2007, 08:52 AM
On Bank of America's site in order to use it on my BB I have to switch emulation to IE to get it to work. Otherwise, it says "for security reasons your phone can not use this service" or something like that. To switch just go: options > browser configuration > emulation mode

Then just change it to Microsoft IE, and it works for Bank of America. Maybe something like this could work for you too. :smile:

holden
06-10-2007, 08:54 AM
Hi and thanks for the reply...

Like I said, the 8700 can do this with the emulation set to "Blackberry". The 8800 is falling down trying to browse and connect. The site is HTTPS and does require security. Fidelity.Netbenefits.com is the site. You can goto the regular www.fidelity.com (http://www.fidelity.com) site and even see the link to netbenefits using the 8800. However, when you try and menu the link, it just rolls over and returns first a 400 html error and then in the details, the Fidelity site shows a 403 "Connection Refused" error. :?

Is this what you need? The site?
I have tried a number of things, including changing the emulation (tried IE) and checking the various check boxes inside the options.... No Joy...??
Now, I am wondering if the 8800 has a different browser than the 8700??

hmeister holden...

trams
06-10-2007, 08:57 AM
Ouch. Wish I could help. That's the extent of my BB knowledge. I'm new. :smile:

Good luck.

holden
06-10-2007, 09:00 AM
Ouch. Wish I could help. That's the extent of my BB knowledge. I'm new. :smile:

Good luck.

Actually, thanks for your replys, as 2 sets of eyes (or more) are always better than one. Yes, I tried changing the emulation. I will have to figure this out as our managers were migrated to 8800's this week. Very strange browser behavior!??

celler
06-10-2007, 09:11 AM
I get a different error when trying to go to fidelity.netbenefits.com on my 8830:

The server is currently unable to handle your request due to a temporary overloading or maintenance of the server. Please try loading a different page. Contact your service provider if thsi problem persists.

In the details section it states: Unable to determine IP address from host name.

NOW, if I instead try to load netbenefits.fidelity.com (notice the change in syntax), I load the login page for netbenefits in just a few seconds. As I do not have an account, I cannot provide any help beyond that.

My browser is set to internet browser rather than blackberry browser. And my emulation mode is set to Microsoft IE. You may wish to check your browser setting. If you are trying to access the correct page through your BES, there may be some silly firewall setting getting in your way.

Craig.

holden
06-10-2007, 10:30 AM
Ok, yes, I tried it using the www.netbenefits.fidelity.com (http://www.netbenefits.fidelity.com) link on the BB but no joy... On the PC, it does go directly to the login.

Again a 403 error on the BB! :shock:

I am currently thinking there is an OS update on the 8800? (perhaps?) I am looking at the BB Cingular site now. The 8800 I currently have has the 4.2.1.72 version which I think is not the latest. The BB Cingular is showing a slightly newer version of the handheld sw. I am d/l'ing now...

Mmmmmm, I setup the application loader and the only difference appers to be an MDS Runtime and language support. Will update thread once I have the device updated...

Thx....

holden
06-10-2007, 10:33 AM
I get a different error when trying to go to fidelity.netbenefits.com on my 8830:

NOW, if I instead try to load netbenefits.fidelity.com (notice the change in syntax), I load the login page for netbenefits in just a few seconds. As I do not have an account, I cannot provide any help beyond that.

Craig.

Craig...

Yes, I verified again what you said and there is the syntax issue. As was stated in the last post, the correct URL is http://www.netbenefits.fidelity.com.
Still no joy..... :cry:
I am updating the 8800 OS now...

H.

holden
06-10-2007, 10:44 AM
Hello All....

The current software version loaded on my BB is the latest on the BB Cingular Site.

When I challanged the site this time, the proxy server ran a challange response and it appeared that I authenticated through the firewall with my domain user and password. However, when it next started to open the Fidelity page, it timed out with a 400 error again and the details say, 403 - "Connection Refused".

I am almost leaning and will say this is our firewall doing this so I am not sure how I am going to repair this. I have opened a help desk ticket for our technical services group to continue through this issue. I do not think it is the device but I can not explain how the 8700 can migrate to the site and the 8800 cannot??? :?

H.

holden
06-10-2007, 10:53 AM
Ok...

There are two versions on the Blackberry AT&T Download Area...
One is just 8800 (TM) generic and the other is branded for AT&T. :-o

I downloaded the 2nd AT&T software on the BB Site and now the Application Loader is indicating an update to the core OS. So I am backing up the device now and will update the thread once the OS Update is done and I test again...

Thx...

celler
06-10-2007, 11:30 AM
Hello All....

I am almost leaning and will say this is our firewall doing this so I am not sure how I am going to repair this. I have opened a help desk ticket for our technical services group to continue through this issue. I do not think it is the device but I can not explain how the 8700 can migrate to the site and the 8800 cannot??? :?

H.

Not that it should make any difference, but I am not adding the "www" to the url. Do me a favor, open your BB browser. Hit the menu key to the left of the trackball, select Options, then slect Browser Options. Tell me what is written to the right of Browser at the very top.

Craig.

holden
06-10-2007, 11:34 AM
Ok, I am making some progress...
I downloaded the latest OS off the BB AT&T Site.
There is an AT&T branded update for the 8800-
This brought my level of software up to version 4.2.1.79 and branded the browser with AT&T.

I challanged the http://www.netbenefits.fidelity.com site and was met with boilerplate HTML that was complaining about my browser version. So, now I am wondering if there is an issue still with the browser and not the firewall??
The Fidelity Site is indicating my browser does not have enough security to access this site. So, we are making slow progress and at least I can hit the site now... I toggled between Blackberry and IE Emulation and it did not do anything different but hit the same page on Fidelity complaining about the security of my browser...

Will update asap....:shock:

I will update this thread as soon as

holden
06-10-2007, 11:36 AM
Not that it should make any difference, but I am not adding the "www" to the url. Do me a favor, open your BB browser. Hit the menu key to the left of the trackball, select Options, then slect Browser Options. Tell me what is written to the right of Browser at the very top.

Craig.

Craig...

It says: Internet Browser (on the header to the right on the same line as "browser".)

celler
06-10-2007, 11:42 AM
Alright, that gets the firewall issue out of the way. Go back to the very same page as before and tell me if any of the options are unchecked. Also tell me the settings for Show Images, Emulation Mode, Content Mode, and Style Sheets media type.

If we can replicate the settings on my BB, this should work.

Craig.

holden
06-10-2007, 12:13 PM
Hi...

We hit paydirt! Whoopie!

Ok, I have it figured out! Once the new OS was installed, I was finally able to get to the Fidelity site. But, I had to goto the main Fidelity site and link to the NetBenefits. When I went to the Fidelity site and then linked to the NetBenifits Login, I was able to authenticate and log in!

So, your correct in finding the right combination of OS, check boxes and browser types. I added java support and style sheets checkboxes as we use Corp Apps that need this. I would never have hit on this issue until I got challanged by one of our VP's on his new 8800. I have already Enterprise Activated my device and set a bookmark. So, everything is working! 8-)

Thanks for the help from everyone including Celler and everyone else here for the help...;-)