PDA

View Full Version : gsmphonesource problems

GaryF
06-11-2007, 12:19 PM
I recommended gsmphonesource to a friend that needed to unlock a BB Pearl. Based on the fact that they advertise on this sight I told him they were a reliable service. Well...no code, no email replies, phone voice mail is full...anybody got any insight into the situation???

motogq
06-11-2007, 01:59 PM
I recommended gsmphonesource to a friend that needed to unlock a BB Pearl. Based on the fact that they advertise on this sight I told him they were a reliable service. Well...no code, no email replies, phone voice mail is full...anybody got any insight into the situation???

I just unlocked my 8800 thru GSMPhonesource yesterday. Which email did he supply them. the Blackberry email or a 3rd party email(yahoo,gmail,etc.)? IF he supplied the Blackberry email, BIS has had some technical problems lately. I supplied my gmail address so I received the unlocking code.

4n6doc
06-11-2007, 02:53 PM
That's really odd. I ordered an unlock code from GSMPhoneSource about a week ago and received an email from Adam with my code in less than 24 hours.

I'd advise your friend to keep trying (maybe even try messaging with AIM or Yahoo messenger...the screennames are in the "Info" section of their website). This is a good reliable company; there must be a good explanation for what's going on.

Pizzle
06-11-2007, 03:06 PM
You can also PM Adam through these Forums. They continue to be reputable...he will fix your issue.

JGBerry
06-11-2007, 03:12 PM

Interesting. I just ordered an unlock code from him. I did it about 3 hours ago and haven't received a response yet. He said same day service so I hope I'll get it later today. I tried calling him to tell him of the importance of getting that code (my blackberry broke and i need the one i bought on ebay activated on cingular/att's, not tmobiles). i read in the FAQ, that he emails the codes in the evening. i hope i get it this evening.

i chose adam's website b/c it seems to be the most reputable and a lot of people recommend it. i stayed away from those "sketchy" services on ebay that have locations in Vietnam and China, etc. Who knows if you'll get a working code or not...

-Josh

4n6doc
06-11-2007, 06:53 PM
Interesting. I just ordered an unlock code from him. I did it about 3 hours ago and haven't received a response yet. He said same day service so I hope I'll get it later today.

You will probably not get it until tonight. The following is from the gsmphonesource.com website:

- Typical turnaround time is same day when order is placed Monday - Sunday by 5pm PST
- All unlock codes are emailed at night, no exceptions

I can vouch that this is accurate. I ordered on a Sunday afternoon and found the unlock code in my inbox Monday morning.

Perfect Storm
06-11-2007, 08:21 PM
Yup, I got mine around 6am ATL if I recall correctly.

nrk
06-11-2007, 11:42 PM
You can chat with him I think. I unlocked my phone via his service. I ordered code waited but that was weekend and as soon as the beginning of week, I received the code.

GaryF
06-12-2007, 12:26 PM
For closure here I will report that Adam did contact us and refunded the payment that was made last week. Thanks everyone for your comments.

JGBerry
06-12-2007, 12:26 PM
Yup, I got mine around 6am ATL if I recall correctly.

i received mine around 10pm and my phone unlocked successfully. GREAT service

headtailgrep
06-13-2007, 12:29 PM
It depends guys. GSMPhonesource can unlock most American network blackberries immediately. However, if you are trying to unlock a Canadian or international device, it may take longer as he has to go to a third party? to get the unlock codes. I am a Canadian user and i have waited 2 weeks to get my unlock code, i'm still waiting.

ALthough his mailbox is full, it's always been like this, i've been dealing with him occasionally over the last few years and if you keep calling, his demeanor is professional, and he even offered me a refund.

But so far, i'm not having any luck finding someone to unlock my Pearl..

Have patience, and make sure you are willing to wait if he is unable to unlock it instantly. Ask questions first, not later.

gsmps
06-20-2007, 05:16 PM
Mailbox being full is SOP, lol

I am much better with emails, text messages and IM's

PM's not so much