PDA

View Full Version : Nub to this stuff

cansat
06-11-2007, 07:08 PM
Hi guys,

I'm thinking of buying an older modeled BB 7280, but I'm not sure if its a great idea?

I like the mini keyboard thing for the thumbs, and the phone idea, but is it enough to actually type projects and stuff?

As well, would you recommend a Treo, BB or Ericsson ?

Thanks guys

PS also want to say hi from Sudbury, Canada:bb:

JSanders
06-11-2007, 07:12 PM
Welcome to the Forums.

You came to a forum website named BlackBerryForums.com and ask "would you recommend a Treo, BB or Ericsson ?"

Guess what, I recommend a BlackBerry.

I don't know what kind of "projects" you have to type up on the BB, but if it is lengthy heavy typing involved, I would recommend moving to at least a BB8700 model.

brucejr
06-11-2007, 07:32 PM
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8300/4.2.2 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102 UP.Link/6.3.0.0.0)

I would recommend the BB but of course like JS said, this is a BBF. I have had Ericsson, and Treo. Symbian, WM, and Palm are not as stable. Push email on the BB can't be beat. This device is my mobile office especially during this season when I am in a lot of meetings and doing a lot of projects. Depending upon your industry or need, there is a BB device for you.

cansat
06-11-2007, 07:44 PM
Well, basicly im a high school student, but i do work indipendantly and i hope to be a buisness man when im older. Right now, my BB would only be OFFLINE, because my parents wont co-sign my cell phone bill. Anyway, im thinking of the 7280, anygood?

Thanks guys

brucejr
06-12-2007, 06:36 AM
7280 is a real nice device. Would be a great first BB.

cansat
06-12-2007, 06:43 PM
Okay, thanks then. Im getting a great 85$ deal, so i just might take it! Is it a real GOOD or BAD change to go from Palm/Pocket PC to a Blackberry? Or would this be like an easy thing to adapt to?

Thanks in advance guys!

Trevor B
06-13-2007, 10:12 PM
I am in the same boat as you, I just got my BB 7290 for my work, but I have always been a HP Ipaq kind of guy.
So far though the BB is holding up, some of the newer BB models really compete at the same level as a traditional PDA.

BBGregPearl
06-16-2007, 10:46 AM
It's BB for life. I have had Windows mobile and treo. To be honest I'm back with the BB for the simple fact that it can't be beat in my eyes.

blackberry-guy
06-18-2007, 03:52 AM
I have used windows based PDA's and palm devices. Then I got a Blackberry 7520. Even though it doesn't have a touch screen, I love it! Honestly, I'm not sure why, but I enjoy using the blackberry MORE than any of my other devices. I love the Qwerty keyboard and I love using Opera-Mini and Gmail!

My blackberry now goes with me EVRYWHERE! It's the best phone I have EVER owned! I know that some of you with newer devices may snicker, but I honestly love the 7520!

blackberry-guy