PDA

View Full Version : 4.2 bug - can't paste in browser

DomConway
06-12-2007, 07:51 AM
This is something I have only noticed on my 8700 since upgrading to OS 4.2. I have tried the Chinese and German versions and the problem is the same - if you click the wheel when in a text box in the browser, no menu comes up so you can't paste etc. Has anyone else noticed this? Is there a work-around, maybe a ctrl-v type shortcut that works as paste on BBs?

Ramsy
06-12-2007, 09:10 AM
This is something I have only noticed on my 8700 since upgrading to OS 4.2. I have tried the Chinese and German versions and the problem is the same - if you click the wheel when in a text box in the browser, no menu comes up so you can't paste etc. Has anyone else noticed this? Is there a work-around, maybe a ctrl-v type shortcut that works as paste on BBs?

I too have noticed this. The work around is to press the NUM key and the click wheel at the same time to paste the copied text into the text box.

DomConway
06-12-2007, 11:04 AM
I too have noticed this. The work around is to press the NUM key and the click wheel at the same time to paste the copied text into the text box.

Excellent shortcut, thanks Ramsy!

wingrider78
12-02-2007, 11:40 AM
Just upgraded to the 4.2 OS and noticed this problem this morning...thank you for the shortcut...you are a life saver....

karren_hutton
08-12-2008, 09:07 AM
Thanks!!! I'm having the same problem and this solves my paste problem.... But I still can't get a thumbwheel click to bring up the selection menu in any web browser test window....