PDA

View Full Version : changing the text

patrickready
06-13-2007, 01:03 PM
Forgive me however this is not only my first post/question but also my first blackberry. I picked up the 8830 from Verizon last weekend and thus far it's been awesome, almot wonder how I went this long without one. I have the default theme set right now and rather enjoy just the 5 most used icons on the front screen. I just figured out how to stop having my e-mails pop up in both the 'message' and 'e-mail' folders. I want to ask if there is a way to change the text for the icons - so instead of reading 'SMS' for my text messages it would read - well, maybe 'text messages'…….Thanks much in advance.

JSanders
06-13-2007, 01:26 PM
Wirelessly posted (8700g: BlackBerry8800/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

You can't change the name of the folders. I don't understand your first question other than to think you mean emails pop up when you take it out of the holster? That can't be changed, other than not retrieving your BlackBerry from the holster until about 20 seconds has passed.
Welcome to the Forums.

patrickready
06-13-2007, 01:56 PM
Thanks! Well, before this morning - whenever a had an e-mail come in it would go to the mailbox and also to the e-mail box - it would duplicate itself. Basically, I hated the mailbox icon! It would show any type of message, SMS and e-mail. I know have it so SMS are delivered in the SMS icon (phone and note pad) and I don't need the mailbox icon any longer.

I know - I probably don't make sense but it's working out Ok for now.

So, my next question.......

within the SMS folder - is there a way to seperate sent and received messages into seperate folders within? I'm obviously used to a normal cell phone where all sent and received are in different folders......

rogermac1975
06-13-2007, 02:10 PM
Go into your Messaging options (MESSAGING...then click MENU and OPTIONS) then GENERAL OPTIONS. At the bottom there is an option to keel email and sms seperate, combined, or theme controlled.