PDA

View Full Version : MissingSync vs. PocketMac, and CompanionLink for Google Calendar

kpsnelgrove
06-13-2007, 04:02 PM
Hi everyone! I will be receiving my first Blackberry, the 8830, tomorrow. I'm a Mac user, so I'm curious what you guys might have to say about your preferred linking software. Do you use PocketMac or Mark/Space Missing Sync? Which is better?

Secondly, I ran across software that allows synchronization b/w Blackberry and Google calendars called CompanionLink. Have any of you used this app? And if I were to sync both my Entourage calendar and Google calendars using these two separate pieces of software, how does that look on the Blackberry? Does it integrate EVERYTHING into the Blackberry calendar?

And finally, I think I understand that PocketMac is "supported" by RIM. But what about other third-party apps like Missing Sync and CompanionLink? Am I running a big risk by using these apps on my new Blackberry?

Travelling Trojan
06-16-2007, 10:43 AM
Look forward to any replies you receive.

Thanks

ssbands04
06-16-2007, 12:23 PM
Installed PocketMac........worked the first time, when I tried to sync again, it just wouldn't go........Tried to reinstall and still a no go

Downloaded MissingSync......Installed perfectly......Works perfectly

It's worth the $40---Especially if you have a bb that will sync music

dtdt
06-16-2007, 07:15 PM
This is a relief to hear--PocketMac did exactly that to my handset.

ibulldog
06-16-2007, 09:21 PM
I use missing sync as well and it works like a charm.

trams
06-16-2007, 11:48 PM
Missing Sync... Love it. It even syncs address book pictures. Worth $40.00. :smile:

trams
06-16-2007, 11:52 PM
For syncing google calendar... I use gcalsync. Works good. Although you have to manually sync everytime, no autosync.
GCALSYNC - synchronize your phone with Google Calendar (http://www.gcalsync.com/)

Also, heard this mobileGCAL web app was good. haven't looked into it yet, but I'm interested.
mobileGCAL (http://www.mobilegcal.com/)

dtdt
06-18-2007, 12:58 AM
I bought Missing Sync since my previous post after reading the positive feedback, and I'm back to contribute my own positive feedback. The MS software completely solved every issue I was having with my 8830. Finally, the memory card is formatted, works, and I have iTunes tracks and iPhoto pictures on it now!! So cool.

To anyone wondering if they should get Missing Sync, BUY IT!!!
It got rid of a huge headache for me.

Thanks to you who gave the tips that helped me.

kpsnelgrove
06-18-2007, 08:42 AM
Thanks so much for all your help, guys! I will definitely be looking into MissingSync after reading all the positive reviews!