PDA

View Full Version : Read / Unread Sync Issue

hwood99
06-14-2007, 07:31 AM
I just switched from having several Treo's to the Blackberry Curve and I must say I am loving it. I'm having one issue using BIS (Exchange Server) on AT&T. I'm at my computer and a new email arrives to Outlook (and then to my phone). If I read it in Oulook, it never shows up as being read on the BB. I searched the forum but couldn't find a post explaining what I'm doing wrong. If I delete it from Outlook it disappears from my BB but can't get it to display as a read mail (if already opened from Outlook)

mattk0
06-14-2007, 07:41 AM
Do you have an option to 'reconcile now'? I've seen this issue occur when a the 'desktop [sync]' service book is corrupted. You can try, going to the service books in advanced settings and deleting the 'desktop [sync]' book and undeleting it.

takeshi
06-14-2007, 08:02 AM
How are you set up to retrieve email from your Exchange server? In a number of cases what you're looking for isn't possible with BIS.

JSanders
06-14-2007, 08:03 AM
Welcome to the Forums.

hwood99
06-15-2007, 05:01 AM
I'm setup to retrieve mail via Outlook web access. Basically, any changes I make to mail in Outlook do not update on my BB.

penguin3107
06-15-2007, 06:08 AM
I'm setup to retrieve mail via Outlook web access. Basically, any changes I make to mail in Outlook do not update on my BB.

Then what you're experiencing is normal. You're set up via BIS.
Read/Unread marks will not reconcile via BIS to Outlook Web Access.
You need a BES for full reconciliation with your Outlook mailbox.

hwood99
06-15-2007, 06:40 AM
Thanks for your help. I tried to setup BB Mail Connector on a computer at work but it couldn't get passed our corporate firewall.

takeshi
06-15-2007, 09:49 AM
I actually wouldn't recommend using Mail Connector or Redirector anyway. They both tend to be very unreliable -- in my experience anyway.