PDA

View Full Version : Nextel SMS Messaging?

FrozenJackal
05-10-2005, 06:24 PM
Why cant nextel just setup sms messaging like they did with BB email. Wouldn't it be nice if you could just send an sms message and your nextel.blackberry.com account would just forward it on to the right carrier and vice versa if the nextel network recived the sms message it would forward it to your BB email account. That "SEAMS" simple enough right.

tpblackberry
05-10-2005, 06:40 PM
That seams simple enough right?

Lol, I think it's about as simple as you spelling "seems".

But no, It doesn't work like that, and you could have just added on to the thousands of threads about the Nextel SMS messaging problem. Next time, use the search button.

Dawg
05-10-2005, 06:41 PM
lol tp you got him before I did

FrozenJackal
05-11-2005, 12:38 PM
Lol, I think it's about as simple as you spelling "seems".

But no, It doesn't work like that, and you could have just added on to the thousands of threads about the Nextel SMS messaging problem. Next time, use the search button.

I’m sure you have never spelled something wrong before, right! Why don't you all stop complaining about how people ask the same S**T over and over and get a life. I mean you already wasted your own time reading my post (because obviously you already know the answer to my post and you just assume that I haven't done any research myself) then you took the time to reply just to point out a spelling mistake. First of all don't read a post that you don't care to read about. I didn't make you read my post so don’t bit*h about it when the whole point of this web page is to ask questions and reply to peoples questions or just state your rant. I am tired of people like you who think that just because they purchased their blackberry before someone else that now they are automatically more knowledgeable than the rest of us. Yes I misspelled "SEAM" and I don’t really care. I can misspell words all I want and the fact that you think it is necessary to point it out is lame because I could spend all day pointing out grammar and spelling mistakes on this site.

Oh and by the way if anyone would like to know how to send SMS messages from your Nextel Blackberry just post a thread with some misspelled words.

Dawg
05-11-2005, 12:55 PM
WOW what anger! It was just a joke man chill bro.. All he did was state the obvious that a search would give you all the information you ever wanted to know. He didnt ***** as you call it. He made a statement much different. As far as the spelling errors go I make them all the time so I have no beef about that.

But to answer your question it does seem simple however its not there system isnt designed for it. If you send a message or someone sends you a message from a non nextel account in may be hours or even days before you get it..

But as far as simple goes a search would reveal that we discussed this in many many many threads through out the forums..
As a matter of fact I just did a search here are the results:

Showing results 1 to 24 of 24
Search took 0.12 seconds. Search: Key Word(s): nextel, sms

mikealdo
05-11-2005, 01:08 PM
I changed my mind, I think I would like an advanced forum. tpblackberry was using a spelling error to point out the oversimplification of a statement. As I said once before, My post count is low because I ask a question as a last resort, not a first. PS I purposely checked this for spelling errors. :smile:

FrozenJackal
05-11-2005, 01:17 PM
Yeah I have done the search and called Nextel and I have even talked it over with a Nextel rep in my local store. And all I was trying to accomplish was to have a few people with the same concerns as I do to have the opportunity to have a decent conversation with someone that feels the same way as I do. Also I know for a fact that there are a few applications in the development stages to allow Nextel BB users to send and receive SMS messages and this information is due to my use of many different search engines. And as to why I started a new post and didn’t add to the thousands of threads that already exist is because who wants to read through thousands of messages about how the Nextel service sucks and how if you want to do SMS messaging then you should just switch over to another carrier. I would if I could but this is my work phone and I would like it very much if I didn’t have to use my personal phone to send SMS messages because that is one less hunk of plastic that I have to lug around with me all day.

FrozenJackal
05-11-2005, 01:49 PM
I changed my mind, I think I would like an advanced forum. tpblackberry was using a spelling error to point out the oversimplification of a statement. As I said once before, My post count is low because I ask a question as a last resort, not a first. PS I purposely checked this for spelling errors. :smile:

Hey nice job on your spelling, but if you haven’t noticed my post count is lower than yours. By the way you joined this service on 03-29-2005 and you have submitted 22 posts so that works out to one post every other day. Looks to me like you have had a lot of questions. I don’t think they will let you into an advanced forum.

Secondly I never asked anyone a question I made a statement about SMS messaging. Also your mention of an advanced form does not belong in this thread. I suggest that you do a search for that topic and post to the correct location as it "SEAMS" that people on this web page get upset when you post in the wrong location.

Dawg
05-11-2005, 01:56 PM
Not about posting in wrong location just posting new threads instead of searching and adding to the discussion that is ongoing. The advanced forum would not be locked to being read just posting. I had alot of questions answered by doing searches instead of creating new posts you can scan the pages instead of reading every word.