PDA

View Full Version : Seidio Swivel Holster

Daedalus
06-14-2007, 12:10 PM
I got the rubberized swivel holster from Seidio last week and am, in general, very happy with it. I have managed to drop the 8830 twice when putting it into the holster but that is my clumsiness, not their fault.

One thing I would suggest to Seidio is that they offer a second version of the holster without the magnet. Why? I found that I can clip the holster onto the dashboard of my car in the ideal location to see and use the phone if I place the 8830 in the holster with the screen facing out. Of course, the phone sees the magnet and goes into sleep mode. I know I can sort of wake it by pressing the power button but that only illuminates the screen; the buttons and trackball are all locked out.

A little searching for the magnet with a paper-clip reveals that it is small (~1/3" diameter) and located in the lower portion of the holster. I could remove it but then the phone would not know it is in holster mode when it is on my belt. A Catch-22.

Has anyone else had this somewhat unusual thought and found a means around it? I guess I can always pay for a second holster and perform surgery on it but I'm sure one of you creative folks has a better idea.

RedSoxFan
06-14-2007, 12:53 PM
Can you paste the link to this holster. I have been looking for a holster much like the 8703's but have been unable to find one.

Thanks.

Daedalus
06-14-2007, 01:07 PM
Here you go:

RUBBERIZED SPRING CLIP SWIVEL HOLSTER FOR UN-SKINNED BLACKBERRY 8800/8830 - HLBB8800AS (http://www.seidioonline.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=697)

They also have skins. Be sure to get the holster for skin if you have one or the holster for no skin if that is your preference.