PDA

View Full Version : New to BB's and have a few inquiries

n_a_t_a_l_i_e
06-15-2007, 09:04 AM
Hi guys, just posting here as a last resort to see if anyone can offer some advice. First off, I am totally new to Blackberrys, only purchased an unlocked 7100t last week, and got a vodafone (Australia) pre-pay kit (sim card). I was told when I called customer care that BES (or whatever the Blackberry internet connection is called) is unavailable for me on pre-pay. So therefore I am unable to connect to the net through my BB or set up an email and such. What I wanted to know was whether there was some other way of getting wallpapers and ringtones onto a BB without having the internet connection?

I spent the last several (urgh) hours trying this out (Ring Tones and Pictures without a Data Plan - Page 11 - RIM Blackberry Forums - Pinstack.com (http://blackberryforums.pinstack.com/1865-ring_tones_pictures_without_data_plan-11.html)) getting all the required downloads and proper 7100t simulator. I used nerf_69's (post #214) directions but can't do Step 7 because the browser icon on my simulated BB has a lock on it and won't open any sites. Am I right in assuming that either way I need to be able to have an email and password before I can get any ringtones or wallpapers on my BB?

Sorry for the long post, but just hoping someone knows enough to give me advice on whether or not what I'm trying to do is possible or if I should just give up (sucks having a phone I can't customize (n) ). Thank you for reading :smile: any advice is much appreciated

zero7404
06-15-2007, 10:00 AM
Wirelessly posted (8100: BlackBerry8100/4.2.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/100)

Did ur phone come with software cd and a usb cable ? U can use that to add stuff 2 ur phone. Nice place 2 get free wallpaper/rings/apps for free is www.eveek.com

Welcome to the BB world.