PDA

View Full Version : can i get the music from my mac onto my blackberyy 8300 world edition?

for dummies
06-16-2007, 12:41 PM
i just bought the 8300 and have a Mac OS that runs itunes, i wish to put my music on to my blackberry but don't know if i can. my hope is just to connect the blackberry to the computer and drag and drop my mp3's in. is that possible?

butter71
06-16-2007, 12:52 PM
i just bought the 8300 and have a Mac OS that runs itunes, i wish to put my music on to my blackberry but don't know if i can. my hope is just to connect the blackberry to the computer and drag and drop my mp3's in. is that possible?

you need to copy the files to /BlackBerry/music on a memory card.

either pop out the memory card and mount it on your mac using a reader or tether to your blackberry and allow "mass storage mode".

missing sync will sync with itunes but it costs money. it's worth it if you also sync contacts, calendar, etc.

something like SyncTunes may work also after you get the memory card mounted.

rambo47
06-16-2007, 12:53 PM
How about simply sending the file over BlueTooth? Macs have a superb interface for that.

for dummies
06-16-2007, 12:55 PM
so you could just use bluetooth to send the files form the mac to the blackberry?

MiamiBerry
06-16-2007, 01:44 PM
what you have is not a curve, but a 8830 World Edition from Verizon.
Thought you should know, and you thread will most probably be moved by one of the moderators.

butter71
06-16-2007, 02:15 PM
so you could just use bluetooth to send the files form the mac to the blackberry?

i didn't think the curve bluetooth profile allowed for file transfer. hasn't worked for me, but i only tried it once or twice.

rambo47
06-17-2007, 01:13 PM
Did you pair the Blackberry with your Mac? Once that's done it should be no problem. My Pearl allowed it just fine.

butter71
06-17-2007, 01:40 PM
Did you pair the Blackberry with your Mac? Once that's done it should be no problem. My Pearl allowed it just fine.

ahh... you have to use "Receive using Bluetooth" in the media app in order for it to work.