PDA

View Full Version : Switch device wizard disaster?!?!?

inkwirer
06-16-2007, 07:29 PM
Greetings,

I am transitioning from a Cingular Blackberry 8700 to a new Verizon Blackberry 8830. I utilized "Switch Device Wizard" on Blackberry Desktop Manager which i have installed as a software bundle from the new Verizon Blackberry 8830. The software successfully transferred all content from the old device to the new one except some licensed proprietary software which was perfectly understandable.

And now my dilemma; the wizard also transferred the default email settings of the old Cingular Blackberry to the new one causing me to be unable to reply to my emails coming from the newly setup Verizon wireless email account which is using the same “Lycos” origin emails I have previously setup from my Cingular Blackberry. Every time I reply to emails sent to me, there is no option to send the message, only to save it as a draft or cancel the composition. When I got to Options-Default Services I see my old default services from the old Cingular Blackberry. I have sent numerous service books but to no avail, I have registered host routing tables but it ends up in zilch. I think the only solution left for me to do is wipe the handheld and start fresh by just synchronizing my Microsoft Outlook content and forget about using Switch Device Wizard which was really helpful at transferring media content.

?

jonbost
06-16-2007, 07:33 PM
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8800/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Have you deleted the old email address from the new 8830? Also have you check the current service books that you have and if you have the one for the old cingular account delete them. This might help.

celler
06-17-2007, 05:37 PM
I had a similar bad experience with the switch device wizard and would recommend not using it. I ended up removing everything (including the old configuration) and reinstalling the new desktop software from scratch. I know that's not what you want to hear, but it worked.

Craig.