PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone ever have this problem with Yahoo IM?

artemis104
06-17-2007, 11:46 AM
I'm using RIM's Yahoo IM client and really like it. I noticed a weird problem today though. I was signed in and did not receive any messages. when i got home i signed out on my BB and signed in on my computer and there were several offline messages waiting for me. For some reason they didnt come through on my BB but they werent just lost as they appeared as offline msgs when i signed in on my computer. It was as if I wasnt actually signed in to the Yahoo IM on my BB but I was. Is there any way to avoid this from happening?

Also when i sign in on my BB one of the contacts always shows up as online and mobile when she isnt. When I sign in on the computer I can see that she is in fact offline.

jbairdjr
06-17-2007, 03:06 PM
I have problems with the Yahoo Blackberry client also.
I ended up using BeeJive's talk client, and log into them all there

BBPearlGurl
06-20-2007, 02:48 PM
I have problems with the Yahoo Blackberry client also.
I ended up using BeeJive's talk client, and log into them all there

Ooh, tell me more about this BeeJive you spoke of! I have 3 IM services and would like to be signed into them all at once.....

test54
06-20-2007, 03:06 PM
it used to be free while in beta but its now $19.95 but its the one i use and have no problems with it. i use it for yahoo, MSN, google and it works well.

you can get it from beejive.com

mrgm
06-20-2007, 04:15 PM
I'm using RIM's Yahoo IM client and really like it. I noticed a weird problem today though. I was signed in and did not receive any messages. when i got home i signed out on my BB and signed in on my computer and there were several offline messages waiting for me. For some reason they didnt come through on my BB but they werent just lost as they appeared as offline msgs when i signed in on my computer. It was as if I wasnt actually signed in to the Yahoo IM on my BB but I was. Is there any way to avoid this from happening?

Also when i sign in on my BB one of the contacts always shows up as online and mobile when she isnt. When I sign in on the computer I can see that she is in fact offline.

do they charge you to use the yahoobb version?

jive is a one time fee, and uses the data plan. free im

puckplayer4
06-20-2007, 04:41 PM
Ooh, tell me more about this BeeJive you spoke of! I have 3 IM services and would like to be signed into them all at once.....

It's quite good. I have it and use it often. If you have unlim data like i do then it rocks beejive.com

Jase88
06-21-2007, 01:05 AM
It sounds like the client is disconnecting--likely during a phone call. Do you have the "automatically sign in" box checked?! And which version are you using? I've got 1.0.95, and I've not had any problems....

artemis104
06-21-2007, 01:15 AM
It sounds like the client is disconnecting--likely during a phone call. Do you have the "automatically sign in" box checked?! And which version are you using? I've got 1.0.95, and I've not had any problems....

no i dont have the automatically sign in box checked off. Im using the same version as you. Its odd because it showed me as signed in, never signed off. When I got home I signed off the BB and signed in on the computer and there were offline msgs waiting. first time it happened. maybe it was just a one time issue?

i have Jivetalk as well for everyone who has suggested it. Great app but i tend to just use RIM's Yahoo app for Yahoo, just preference I suppose. I like the emoticon support (emoticons show up the same as they do on the desktop version)