PDA

View Full Version : can Corporate BES see my BIS emails

mrwclark
06-19-2007, 07:32 AM
i currently have a 8800 and set up for Corporate BES emails. i recently setup my yahoo email through BIS and now have a seperate icon.

Can the corporate BES see my personal emails?

JSanders
06-19-2007, 07:39 AM
Wirelessly posted (8700g: BlackBerry8800/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Be certain that your IT people can see anything on their BlackBerrys that wish to--yes even your BIS mail, web surfing etc.

takeshi
06-19-2007, 11:40 AM
If you want to keep it private then keep it off a company BES-connected BB.

celler
06-19-2007, 01:07 PM
I'm not doubting what you say, but I'm curious. BIS email supposedly is pushed from another server, not the company BES. If you set your web browser to Internet Browser rather than Blackberry Browser, supposedly that is bypassing the BES as well. Please add to my paranoia and tell me how my company IT people can access data that does got go across one of their servers?

Thanks.

Craig.

John Clark
06-19-2007, 10:43 PM
Your BB is still attached to the corporate server, therefore they control and have access to everything on your BB. That being said, I have read here that it's not that easy to do on their part, but that they can.

jsplit
06-19-2007, 11:40 PM
But BES doesn't log anything purposeful from emails.
No from / subject / body / etc so what could a bes admin possibly see?

takeshi
06-20-2007, 08:32 AM
I'm not doubting what you say, but I'm curious. BIS email supposedly is pushed from another server, not the company BES.
PIN's aren't pushed via BES/MDS either. Try a Google search on the keywords "blackberry" "pin" & "Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce"...

It wasn't too long ago that it was "common knowledge" that PIN's were completely private.