PDA

View Full Version : How to stop dialing letters

sscheck
05-11-2005, 04:44 PM
In Outlook, I sometimes but some notes after somebody's number like Jon's Work or Michele's Beeper and the 7100 keeps dialing all those letters. Is there any way for it to not look at those letters as numbers? Thanks!

ufoDziner
06-10-2005, 09:51 PM
Did you ever get a solution to this problem? I'm having the same problem. Thanks, Wes

JSanders
06-13-2005, 08:27 AM
You know the real answer to this is to NOT type those notes after the phone number, when Outlook and BB both allow you to put the number on the proper categories under your contact's name...

i.e., Under Barney Fife, you have a choice of Home, Home 2, Work, Work 2, Mobile, Pager, Fax, Other... so when you go to dial a number on your BB, you look up Fife and click Call Barney Fife, it will give you a choice of Office, Home, Mobile, or whatever numbers you have previously enter for the individual.

I guess I don't understand why you would want to have the additional notation on the list for "Jon" that reads "Work 999-999-9999 Jon's Work"

I may be missing something in your question.

ufoDziner
06-13-2005, 10:26 PM
The reason I do this is so that I don't have to have a seperate record for the spouse of a friend, or their kids etc... For example. I can just have a record for joe, and then in the other number I have "Jane 999-999-999".

pkodyssey
06-14-2005, 11:40 AM
I have a similar issue with my brothers family. Each one has a different cell phone number. I just put them in order of age. Bro, Sis, Kid #1, Kid #2.

There is no way to override dialing those letters. For business contacts I setup one company in Outlook and then have people be a new contact at the same company. Seperate files but easier to navigate.

BlackberryEMS
06-14-2005, 11:42 AM
Try reversing the order of the notation, in other words put the number first:
999-999-9999 Jane's Mother. Then it really doesn't matter much if the phone dials the letters, it will hit the right phone number first (as long as you always enter an area code).
The other option is to put those numbers that need labels into the notes section of the contact. This will then allow you to read it if the contact is open and will automatically highlight the number and allow dialing.
Chris