PDA

View Full Version : wait til the 29th or not?

galatians51
06-20-2007, 06:39 AM
OK, I'm contract free right now, and would like to go with T-mobile and get a Pearl for my wife and I. What do you think-are Cingular/AT&T's competitiors going to put smartphones on at discounted prices when the iphone comes out? I mean, they've got to compete with the hype somehow. I can wait 9 more days if it means a screamin' deal!

john.kmiecik
06-20-2007, 09:41 AM
OK, I'm contract free right now, and would like to go with T-mobile and get a Pearl for my wife and I. What do you think-are Cingular/AT&T's competitiors going to put smartphones on at discounted prices when the iphone comes out? I mean, they've got to compete with the hype somehow. I can wait 9 more days if it means a screamin' deal!
They might. They don't have to compete with the hype because it won't be possible. The iPhone will sell as many units as it's going to, and the other carriers are essentially powerless to do that. You might want to go to a corporate store and talk with someone there and casually mention you're considering trying to get an iPhone -- gauge the reaction. They may try to bait you with incentives to buy their product instead.

RoC1909
06-22-2007, 11:01 PM
They are ALREADY discounted. Go online and look at the prices. As for waiting, good luck with getting a iPhone on release day. Unless you want to stand in line at 4 in the morning, I have heard that it's going to be pretty crazy.

onth
06-22-2007, 11:06 PM
no harm to wait for another 9 more days. :)

test54
06-22-2007, 11:11 PM
i would wait, i know all the treo's on at&t's website are discounted right now. not sure what else will happen but it cant hurt.

jhkaplan
06-24-2007, 11:02 AM
iPhone or not, it's always smart to wait until the end of the month to purchase. Sales people will be more likely to discount certain products in order to get the sale to meet their monthly quota. Sometimes at the end of the month, they'll be desperate.

Dubdub
06-24-2007, 11:44 AM
If you are already with T-Mo, I assume you have coverage where you need it. If not and you are going to switch to T-Mo, just make sure they provide the coverage when and where you need it - where you live, work, travel, play etc., before you make the switch.

Massonite
06-24-2007, 11:59 AM
I've seen ads on MSN.com where you can get a BB Pearl for free.

http://www.inphonic.com/autocontent.aspx?pageid=1925&referringdomain=msnwirefly3&refcode1=MDA_0623_003_Pearl

Get to pick your provider too :)

Sale ends today I think. Just thought this might come in handy.