PDA

View Full Version : Forwarding to Blackberry from Exchange

Maive
05-12-2005, 11:13 AM
I have a client with an Exchange 2003 server who recently purchased a Blackberry. I have set up a contact in exchange and have all mail being forwarded to the blackberry, which appears to be working except now he is occasionally getting duplicate mail and if the message is too large an undeliverable message is sent back to the sender even though it was received by the primary account. Is there any way to limit the forwarded mail so that this undeliverable isn't sent and prevent the double emails from being sent and filling up the blackberry inbox?

Thanks

WNO
05-12-2005, 04:23 PM
By "duplicate mail," do you mean that the mail he sends out from his BB is copied back to him? Or that he sometimes gets two copies of mail addressed to the primary account?

Whatever the case, one option to consider is placing the user on the desktop redirector. His computer would have to be always-on and always-connected, but it should address his problems and would also allow him to automatically disable redirection when his BB is plugged into his computer.

Maive
05-12-2005, 08:21 PM
I mean that email sent to his primary account is usually forwarded twice to his blackberry. Where can I find the desktop redirector?

Thanks!

WNO
05-13-2005, 03:04 PM
When you install the desktop manager software, there will be a point where you have to choose between the internet/BWC route and the BES route. As I recall, to set up the redirector you have to start down the BES route (though you don't, of course, ultimately set up for a BES).

ad65
05-13-2005, 03:21 PM
If this user is using BWC, make sure the account is not being fowarded at that level. That would cause duplicate email.