PDA

View Full Version : 7100t + PocketMac - Golden!

gmsmith
09-30-2004, 01:11 PM
Works like a charm folks...just picked up my 7100t in Old Town Alexandria (1229 King Street), they had 2 left...

bfrye
09-30-2004, 01:12 PM
Works like a charm folks...just picked up my 7100t in Old Town Alexandria (1229 King Street), they had 2 left...
Do they have any left? That's like 2 blocks out of the way on my way home

gmsmith
09-30-2004, 01:15 PM
2 left when I walked out the door...

The two people working there were very cool...the guy helped me out, I wish I got his name

sempai
09-30-2004, 01:21 PM

...no pun intended!

;)

I'm having a hard time with sync on my Mac because it complains about the USB port not having enough power to recharge the 7100t. Very odd.

Plus I have to say "Sync Tasks," then wait for it to do that. Then I have to say "Sync Addresses," and then wait again.

I can't seem to do them all in one shot!

ALSO: hello NoVA 'berrys. I just moved away from your neck of the woods! My old office was on N. Washington St in Old Town! (And my old house was in Oakton/Fairfax Co.)

bfrye
09-30-2004, 01:30 PM
I might stop by there on the way home then

anthonymoody
09-30-2004, 02:16 PM
Thanks. As a future switcher this is important to me. Hey gmsmith, are you not having the same issues as sempai? Could it be related to which Mac you have? (i.e. maybe the USB ports are different somehow...)

TM

Mark Rejhon
09-30-2004, 02:18 PM
>>I'm having a hard time with sync on my Mac because it complains about the USB port not having enough power to recharge the 7100t. Very odd."

Connect directly to the Mac USB port on the box, rather than the Mac keyboard USB port. That helped some people.

sempai
09-30-2004, 02:42 PM
>>I'm having a hard time with sync on my Mac because it complains about the USB port not having enough power to recharge the 7100t. Very odd."

Connect directly to the Mac USB port on the box, rather than the Mac keyboard USB port. That helped some people.

FWIW:

At home I'm using a 12" PowerBook connected to an Apple Cinema Display (one of those big wide LCDs).

I was connected to the USB port on the 12" PowerBook that wasn't being used by the hub on the back of the Cinema Display.

I think it was just being flakey. The software (PocketMac) is a very very close effort - it isn't quite 100% but it is servicable and if you've ever read anything I've written about iSync and OS X you'll know how amazingly critical I am of Apple and sync technologies for mobile devices.

I think PocketMac is good, just not "great" like almost everything else on OS X!

indie1st
10-10-2004, 08:43 PM
how can i download 3rd party software when i have a mac. i love pockectmac but it doesn't offer bb users the same options as they do pocket pc users who can use their software to download 3rd party software. i have a powerbook 12" and virtual pc 7 but when i use virtual pc the computer does see the device connect via usb. :?