PDA

View Full Version : Is there anyone here with a sprint 8703e not on BIS/BES with gmail mobile working?

crayzboost
06-27-2007, 09:48 AM
Ok guys first I would like to say hello to all, I am new to this forum but NOT new to forums. Here is my dilemma, I have a sprint sero plan as some of you know is a sweet plan (49.99, 1250 mins, 7-7, unlimited internet, unlimited text and picture mail).

I do not want to give up this plan but the blackberry is the best and most stable smartphone sprint currently offers, came from treo 650(poor reception) and 2 motorola Q's (poor reception and buggy OS).

I am currently using opera mini to get on the internet but cannot download the gmail mobile app.

After a ton of searching I found it here toward the bottom.

http://www.blackberryforums.com/aftermarket-software/55917-new-gmail-app-bb-application-loader.html

I downloaded the .cod files and copied and pasted the .alx file into notepad and named it gmailmobile.alx

After installing it it tries to connect but cannot because it says I have no internet connection.

Does anyone have a blackberry 8703e without blackberry services in my position that has this working? It is the only thing I need to have almost all of the blackberry features without paying 39.99 for the service.

Also I have been looking into other alternatives for push email, Like purchasing BES services from the net but there is no real good explanation that I have been able to find on wether or not I need to Purchase the blackberry plan from Sprint first.

I dont need all of the other services that that plan offers except I would like push email. Are there any 3rd party companies that offer BIS or the like so I can get push?

Thanks for all help and insight in advance.

dc/dc
06-27-2007, 10:05 AM
You need to have the BlackBerry data plan to use the Gmail app. It is heavily integrated into the BB system.

crayzboost
06-27-2007, 10:45 AM
So what are my other options for getting mail straight to my phone? Most apps that I have found like Flurry, Emoze can't be installed OTA, I did find Gmail mobile by shape services SHAPE Services - Gmail Mobile :: Products (http://www.shapeservices.com/en/products/details.php?product=gmail&platform=none)

But it seems slow.

Are there any other alternatives for us guys that don't have a blackberry plan to get mail directly to the phone? I have been searching high and low for days now and cannot come up with anything that will work and I consider myself a searching GURU.

I know there are lots of people with a blackberry that don't have the plan that is supposed to go with it. I don't mind purchasing 3rd party services like mobileweb4u but will they get me what I need?

Dubdub
06-27-2007, 11:27 AM
Your option is to get a BB dataplan. Why are you against getting a BB plan if it gives you the capabilities you need? Your other option is to go to a WM device which can use your beloved SERO plan.

crayzboost
06-27-2007, 11:32 AM
Your option is to get a BB dataplan. Why are you against getting a BB plan if it gives you the capabilities you need? Your other option is to go to a WM device which can use your beloved SERO plan.

Im sure there is another option for me, You have not looked into it as in depth as me because you do not have the sero plan. In order for me to have an apples to apples plan with the blackberry plan it would cost me 130 dollars as opposed to 49.99, So you can see why the SERO plan is so BELOVED to me.

teamcrn
06-27-2007, 12:51 PM
There is no other alternative to get blackberry email or use the blackberry internet browser you need a blackberry plan. The blackberry is a special device that requires you to have the bb data plan. This can't be bypassed so stop trying add the blackberry data plan and be done with it or go back to the treo/Q/ smartphone. Those are your only options.

crayzboost
06-27-2007, 12:58 PM
There is no other alternative to get blackberry email or use the blackberry internet browser you need a blackberry plan. The blackberry is a special device that requires you to have the bb data plan. This can't be bypassed so stop trying add the blackberry data plan and be done with it or go back to the treo/Q/ smartphone. Those are your only options.
I dont want to go back to the treo/Q, I want the BB but do not want the plan, Pay $40/mo just for push email thats just stupid, Just need a way to at least get email on the phone, I browse the net fine with my opera mini.

I guess im going to have to stick with the gmail mobile app from shape services that does what I need.

dc/dc
06-27-2007, 01:24 PM
Weird. You don't mind paying $400+ for a device, but you're too cheap to get the right plan for it.

crayzboost
06-27-2007, 01:36 PM
Weird. You don't mind paying $400+ for a device, but you're too cheap to get the right plan for it.

I didnt pay $400 or $300 or $200, I paid $149, and it not that im too cheap to pay anything, I am very used to having 150+ phone bills, but paying $40 for the BB plan to me is like me asking you to pay $20,000 for a used honda civic. Its just not worth it to me kitty.

I love the BB device for the stability of the OS and the qwerty keyboard not for the ***** features that the BB plan offers, I only want to get my email directly to the phone, Don't really care if is Push or checking every 15 mins.

teamcrn
06-27-2007, 01:38 PM
Yeah i will never get that.

teamcrn
06-27-2007, 01:39 PM
Earth to crazyboost It cant be done with out a bb plan!!!!!! lmao Some people just refuse to hear the truth. Have fun sir

crayzboost
06-27-2007, 01:42 PM
Earth to crazyboost It cant be done with out a bb plan!!!!!! lmao Some people just refuse to hear the truth. Have fun sir

I will, and you have fun on your ancient motorcycle.(y)

teamcrn
06-27-2007, 01:44 PM
It wont be so ancient when i pass you going around a curve doing 90 mph with one knee Down. :)

crayzboost
06-27-2007, 01:51 PM
It wont be so ancient when i pass you going around a curve doing 90 mph with one knee Down. :)

Riiiight, So lets meet at deals gap then, your bike will make it up on the tree of shame after trying to keep up with me bud(y) and guess what it will still be ancient. 2005 r1 vs 1996 gsxr whatever that thing is, and you better bet there are no chicken strips on my tires.

teamcrn
06-27-2007, 01:53 PM
1999 Honda CBR 900rr hater. I dont do Deals Gap i do Louden Race track.

crayzboost
06-27-2007, 02:00 PM
1999 Honda CBR 900rr hater. I dont do Deals Gap i do Louden Race track. Jeez im sorry I couldnt tellfrom the tiny pic, I could only tell it was OLD. Anyway NH is too far for me to teach you a lesson. I need to get back to trying to figure out how to get email to my phone via a 3rd party app.

Oh and dont forget to adjust the choke on that thing.(y)

teamcrn
06-27-2007, 02:12 PM
lmao your probably a squid who does stoppies and wheelies in city streets. My just purchases 2001 R-1 will be enough for you.

jeremyckitching
06-27-2007, 02:14 PM
Getting back on subject :razz: ...yes, you will need a data plan if you want push e-mail. The ShapeServices program I believe will check the e-mail every so often, probably like the poll e-mail for IMAP and POP accounts.

crayzboost
06-27-2007, 02:16 PM
lmao your probably a squid who does stoppies and wheelies in city streets. My just purchases 2001 R-1 will be enough for you.

Well you better have something more nimble than that museum ready 900rr. At least I get some props when I tell people I clowned some nerd on a old r1.

crayzboost
06-27-2007, 02:19 PM
Getting back on subject :razz: ...yes, you will need a data plan as the push e-mail is for the data plans. But if you have the ShapeServices application, and it seems to be working, then you are good. The other option would be to go straight to http://www.gmail.com and log in and check it.
Yeah that what I thought, I was just hoping to find a better one than that. I have been PMing with this guy that says he knows a few people who got the real gmail mobile app to work on sprint 8703e's but he's not sure how.

I guess I will keep searching.

teamcrn
06-27-2007, 02:20 PM
Yeah? you think so? as a matter of fact i will jump on my girls 600 and still beat you. Poser!!!! go tet a blackberry plan and stop wasting everyones time.

crayzboost
06-27-2007, 02:24 PM
Yeah? you think so? as a matter of fact i will jump on my girls 600 and still beat you. Poser!!!! go tet a blackberry plan and stop wasting everyones time.
Naa I'd rather race your girl, Ill stay behind long enough just to see that a$$ though.

Ok enough of this we both look like clowns arguing on here.;-)

jeremyckitching
06-27-2007, 02:29 PM
Naa I'd rather race your girl, Ill stay behind long enough just to see that a$$ though.

HAHAHAHAHA!

teamcrn
06-27-2007, 02:35 PM
Very funny...lol to bad you would be able to keep up enough to see her a@<hidden>@<hidden>

crayzboost
06-29-2007, 10:04 AM
Ok Ok OK, I did it, after some serious searching around to find out whats best for me in my area, I have decided to go with cingular service and the blackberry curve. I went ahead and got the BB package added this time, God I love this phone, soooo much better than the thumb scroller on the 8700, I was constantly clicking the wrong things because of the poor stability of the wheel.

Thanks to all that Pounded it in my head to get the BB plan, and I also got better service too...a 2 for 1.

dc/dc
06-29-2007, 10:16 AM
Ok Ok OK, I did it, after some serious searching around to find out whats best for me in my area, I have decided to go with cingular service and the blackberry curve. I went ahead and got the BB package added this time, God I love this phone, soooo much better than the thumb scroller on the 8700, I was constantly clicking the wrong things because of the poor stability of the wheel.

Thanks to all that Pounded it in my head to get the BB plan, and I also got better service too...a 2 for 1.

Glad to hear it. Having the BlackBerry plan is the right way to go.

takeshi
07-03-2007, 02:02 AM
Also I have been looking into other alternatives for push email, Like purchasing BES services from the net but there is no real good explanation that I have been able to find on wether or not I need to Purchase the blackberry plan from Sprint first.

BES hosting does not replace your BB data plan. You need both if you go the BES hosting route.