PDA

View Full Version : Verizon Survey

divine77
06-27-2007, 03:33 PM
I received a Verizon Wireless survey via email. I normally don't fill these survey things out, but decided I would this time. It appears to be geared around satisfaction or lack thereof with their "new every two" phone deal and whether or not having to wait 2 years to get a new phone discount should be change. They hinted at chaging it to 18 months and also 12 months. In the last section, I mentioned my dissatisfaction with the lack of discounts offered to existing customers towards new phones and accessories. They treat existing customers like crap, IMHO; offering new customers the world.

If you get the survey, I hope you decide to fill it out to let Verizon Wireless know what matters to you!

tifosiv122
06-27-2007, 04:51 PM
They already give you an early upgrade discount at a year.

Erik

MichaelBB
06-27-2007, 08:46 PM
I received a Verizon Wireless survey via email. I normally don't fill these survey things out, but decided I would this time. It appears to be geared around satisfaction or lack thereof with their "new every two" phone deal and whether or not having to wait 2 years to get a new phone discount should be change. They hinted at chaging it to 18 months and also 12 months. In the last section, I mentioned my dissatisfaction with the lack of discounts offered to existing customers towards new phones and accessories. They treat existing customers like crap, IMHO; offering new customers the world.

If you get the survey, I hope you decide to fill it out to let Verizon Wireless know what matters to you!

I have only been with them for 1 year but I have to say I have been treated very very well. Sure you get people with tudes from time to time but over all I'd say there doing a good job, the tech's are cool, I call the 800 number and get what I called for either , answered or fixed or corrected.

Heck if they wash and wax my Truck I'd be happier , but thats just not going to happen

Dawg
06-28-2007, 07:59 AM
I have only been with them for 1 year but I have to say I have been treated very very well. Sure you get people with tudes from time to time but over all I'd say there doing a good job, the tech's are cool, I call the 800 number and get what I called for either , answered or fixed or corrected.

Heck if they wash and wax my Truck I'd be happier , but thats just not going to happen

I have never been treated better than i have with Verizon, I am hell on csrs and I have not had to raise my voice once. They have all been knowledgable and courteous every single call. They have even swapped out two phones I bought of Ebay as a warranty swap. I dont know what else to say. The do cripple their phones but I knew that before I went to them becuase I read.

takeshi
06-28-2007, 08:55 AM
How about mentioning the crippling of devices?

Dawg
06-28-2007, 09:03 AM
Who cares, if they would have read prior to buying they would have know this like I did. and I still went with them becuase of the superior network. ATT may have fully working devices but if I dont have coverage whats the use right?

divine77
07-01-2007, 05:59 PM
So if Verizon said they were going to offer change their "new every 2 year" policy to "new every year" you'd tell them not to do it? Or if they said they were going to make other improvements, you'd say no, leave it as it is?

akosnitzky
07-01-2007, 06:26 PM
My issue is that their tech staff were ill-equipped and ill-prepared to handle the 8830. If it were not for this forum, I would have returned the item.

Dawg
07-01-2007, 06:46 PM
So if Verizon said they were going to offer change their "new every 2 year" policy to "new every year" you'd tell them not to do it? Or if they said they were going to make other improvements, you'd say no, leave it as it is?

what ever they do it is their business practice.

akosnitzky
07-01-2007, 07:00 PM
Divine,
I agree with you but Dawg's point is well taken. Capitalism 101. The individual consumer or corporation has a choice. For example, if we resent Verizon for the GPS issue, you have 29 more days left to return your device.

Jerome A Franks
07-01-2007, 07:00 PM
People tend to think that csr dont want to hep the custs bcuz they say no or something similar to that but at the end of the day its only so far they can do with company policy.. Sometimes acting like a fool and clowning with the rep doesnt get things fix

tifosiv122
07-01-2007, 07:02 PM
My issue is that their tech staff were ill-equipped and ill-prepared to handle the 8830. If it were not for this forum, I would have returned the item.

That's with every PDA/Smartphone. They get trained less then a week before a release. It takes 1-2 months for them to really 'learn' the device...it also doesn't help that they usually don't have one in front of them. They have a manual and a virtual device on their PC.

Erik

packetknife
07-01-2007, 07:02 PM
In the past three years I've been happy with VZW. With the exception of misleading MMS advertiseing a while back it's all been smooth sailing. I knew I wasn't going to get GPS.

Well.. I guess the only notable exception would be the 8830 launch and lack of ~device~ software availability. Other than that they've been quite good to me. Even when devices died or something nasty was happening I still got what I consider reasonable service from them. -Pk

MichaelBB
07-01-2007, 08:26 PM
The big deal is Verizon is locking down anything and everything they can. Point blank there playing the big brother deal. Why would you go and rewrite the firmware/software for so many of your phones?

CONTROLLING, just like the US GOVERNMENT. They CAN do IT and GET AWAY with it because its there hardware and there NETWORK.

Either deal with it , OR LEAVE, that is the message there sending, we are going to suck as much money out of YOU, YOUR COMPANY, or whomever we can for the service we provide, and if you don't like it TOUGH.

That is the image that there portraying 200%. No ifs ands or buts

Take it or leave !

I had AT&T/Cingular for years, left because of billing issues, "Double Billing" for months. However the service was FANTASTIC, Verizons EVDO is still substandard you would never know the difference unless you were tethering.
Like the Sprint and AT&T add goes . Put all 3 together identical equipment which is portrayed on the Sprint/AT&T and location and go for it.

Sit back and take a good hard look.

Its good the people like either or companies, but just remember in the end

Its what makes you happy and not some cheesy advertisement about the "network" or "Fewest Dropped Calls".

What works for me may NOT work you. In the end we should all get our dollars worth and the public is starting to become a whole hell of allot more demanding on the services there paying for .

Sniperet
07-01-2007, 09:35 PM

I got the survey a few days ago and like you I gave them my honest opinion and showed my dissatisfaction with their customer service and their crppling of the 8830 GPS. I am a long time Verizon subscriber and have noticed a definite decline in their customer service over the last year or two. This survey went beyond just the new every two program, I think they may be getting the message that there is a problem with how they are treating their existing customer base versus new customers. This is a modern company with some of the best marketing managers there are so they must realize that they can't afford to lose their core customer base.

For those of you who have always received excellent customer support you are very lucky. As some have said the CSRs I have dealt with are ussually polite and try to help me but that does nothing to increase my satisfaction with VZW when they can't give me what I want due to company policies. When people complain about poor customer service I believe most of the time it is not the CSR that is the cause but the company policy the CSR must adhere to which leaves the customer dissatisfied when they didn't get what they wanted.

As to professional technical support as it applies to PDA phones I find it hard to believe that anyone with real problems has gotten consistently good assistance. My experience has been that they don't know anything about the phones and if your problem is not in their troubleshooting guide you are out of luck. To make matters worse a large percentage of them will have you doing things to your phone that are at best useless and at times harmful to your data.

JGBerry
07-01-2007, 10:06 PM
I got the survey a few days ago and like you I gave them my honest opinion and showed my dissatisfaction with their customer service and their crppling of the 8830 GPS. I am a long time Verizon subscriber and have noticed a definite decline in their customer service over the last year or two. This survey went beyond just the new every two program, I think they may be getting the message that there is a problem with how they are treating their existing customer base versus new customers. This is a modern company with some of the best marketing managers there are so they must realize that they can't afford to lose their core customer base.

For those of you who have always received excellent customer support you are very lucky. As some have said the CSRs I have dealt with are ussually polite and try to help me but that does nothing to increase my satisfaction with VZW when they can't give me what I want due to company policies. When people complain about poor customer service I believe most of the time it is not the CSR that is the cause but the company policy the CSR must adhere to which leaves the customer dissatisfied when they didn't get what they wanted.

As to professional technical support as it applies to PDA phones I find it hard to believe that anyone with real problems has gotten consistently good assistance. My experience has been that they don't know anything about the phones and if your problem is not in their troubleshooting guide you are out of luck. To make matters worse a large percentage of them will have you doing things to your phone that are at best useless and at times harmful to your data.

agreed. either they will make you do *228, battery pull, or software update, etc. if that doesn't fix the problem, be ready for an uphill battle. getting your issue escaladed to a point where the person dealing with you actually has the knowledge to fix your problem...well that is very tricky. chances are you will stuck with a service request number for atleast a week, without any movement whats-so-ever.

i just LOVE it how Verizon tier 1 level CSR's will have you do *228 to fix every problem...what a bunch of BS'ers. someone should teach the tier 1 staff that a *228 will RARELY fix the problem, and the only types of problems that it will fix are connection issues. you can have a really old PRL version and everything will work perfectly fine for you almost everywhere. VERY VERY rarely will an old PRL actually be the cause of the problem.

oh verizon...if you didn't have such good coverage i would have dropped you guys a long long time ago haha

akosnitzky
07-01-2007, 10:13 PM
I was trying to call sales and was misdirected to tech. The level 1 answered by saying, "I apologize for the problem." We are dealing with robots. As I said previously, if it were not for this "learning community" we have at BBF, I would have had to returned the device.

Dawg
07-02-2007, 07:48 AM
I was trying to call sales and was misdirected to tech. The level 1 answered by saying, "I apologize for the problem." We are dealing with robots. As I said previously, if it were not for this "learning community" we have at BBF, I would have had to returned the device.

when I first call I always say I have a blackberry and they always esculate mine right away. I would imagine also it depends on the call center you get sent to as well. Some are quite better than others.

But bottom line if you dont like it there are other companys out there but the grass isnt always greener.

07-02-2007, 08:26 AM
when I first call I always say I have a blackberry and they always esculate mine right away. I would imagine also it depends on the call center you get sent to as well. Some are quite better than others.

But bottom line if you dont like it there are other companys out there but the grass isnt always greener.

For VZW BB support, I typically call a different number for data services tech support, so I don't have to go through the VZW main help line.

As for the service, this is a free market economy. If VZW does not provide its customers with what it wants (reasonably), it will simply go out of business. Not likely, but a possibility. As Dawg says, there are plenty of other businesses out there more than happy to take your money.

I have been with VZW since the advent of cell phones. Sure, you can get better prices, but my main reason that I go with them is stability. They have always been there and continue to be solid.

Dawg
07-02-2007, 08:37 AM
For VZW BB support, I typically call a different number for data services tech support, so I don't have to go through the VZW main help line.

As for the service, this is a free market economy. If VZW does not provide its customers with what it wants (reasonably), it will simply go out of business. Not likely, but a possibility. As Dawg says, there are plenty of other businesses out there more than happy to take your money.

I have been with VZW since the advent of cell phones. Sure, you can get better prices, but my main reason that I go with them is stability. They have always been there and continue to be solid.

right on right on.

JGBerry
07-02-2007, 11:48 AM

when you say you have been with verizon since the "advent of cell phones", do you mean you were with BAM back in the day? I was with BAM back in the day...whew...that seems like ages and ages ago.

Blackberryer
07-02-2007, 12:59 PM
Perhaps I'm just incredibly fortunate, but I've had fantastic service from Verizon in every facet. Regular CS, tech support, price breaks, etc - whatever I've needed, I've gotten. I do wish they'd lower their prices on their data packages, but until other companies start adopting the iPhone's data packages, it's probably not going to happen.

Otherwise, I couldn't be happier.

07-02-2007, 02:14 PM
when you say you have been with verizon since the "advent of cell phones", do you mean you were with BAM back in the day? I was with BAM back in the day...whew...that seems like ages and ages ago.

Yep, I go back that far. Hard to believe it has been that long ago....and I am not that old! I was always a gadget guy even back then in my early 20s...I had the old "bag" phone.

jgb@etree
07-03-2007, 05:33 AM
The big deal is Verizon is locking down anything and everything they can. Point blank there playing the big brother deal. Why would you go and rewrite the firmware/software for so many of your phones?

The reason is stability. Verizon tests new phones and software for months before selling them. Other carriers do very little or no testing - they just blindly take the manufacturers at their word that the devices work as advertised.

CONTROLLING, just like the US GOVERNMENT. They CAN do IT and GET AWAY with it because its there hardware and there NETWORK.

Yep. And you've always got the right to leave for another carrier.

Either deal with it , OR LEAVE, that is the message there sending, we are going to suck as much money out of YOU, YOUR COMPANY, or whomever we can for the service we provide, and if you don't like it TOUGH.

The nerve of these folks... Imagine that in some crazy scheme to turn a profit, they expect payment for goods & services! Damn capitalists :oops:

That is the image that there portraying 200%. No ifs ands or buts

Take it or leave !

I had AT&T/Cingular for years, left because of billing issues, "Double Billing" for months. However the service was FANTASTIC,

Sounds like they're on the job! Customer service closes @<hidden> 9PM and they can't even bill you correctly.... Where do I sign up?? This sounds great. Maybe I should go buy an iPhone and switch to AT&T!!

Verizons EVDO is still substandard you would never know the difference unless you were tethering.

Put the crackpipe down, son. EVDO v edge data speeds can't even be compared. As a matter of fact, I can't believe that I just mentioned both of them in the same sentence.

Like the Sprint and AT&T add goes . Put all 3 together identical equipment which is portrayed on the Sprint/AT&T and location and go for it.

Sit back and take a good hard look.

Its good the people like either or companies, but just remember in the end

I'm still trying to figure out that the last few sentences mean.

Its what makes you happy and not some cheesy advertisement about the "network" or "Fewest Dropped Calls".

Right. And having coverage is what makes the average person happy. I always love when I see the Cingular/ATT issues mentioning that they have the fewest dropped calls. As most of you know, this is because if you have questionable coverage, ATT/Cingular will fail the call because they're afraid that they might drop the call. Personally, I'd prefer to get my call thru, even if there is a risk of being dropped - particularly in an emergency situation

What works for me may NOT work you. In the end we should all get our dollars worth and the public is starting to become a whole hell of allot more demanding on the services there paying for .

Finally, something I can agree with.

MichaelBB
07-03-2007, 07:02 AM
The reason is stability. Verizon tests new phones and software for months before selling them. Other carriers do very little or no testing - they just blindly take the manufacturers at their word that the devices work as advertised.

Yep. And you've always got the right to leave for another carrier.

The nerve of these folks... Imagine that in some crazy scheme to turn a profit, they expect payment for goods & services! Damn capitalists :oops:

Sounds like they're on the job! Customer service closes @<hidden> 9PM and they can't even bill you correctly.... Where do I sign up?? This sounds great. Maybe I should go buy an iPhone and switch to AT&T!!

Put the crackpipe down, son. EVDO v edge data speeds can't even be compared. As a matter of fact, I can't believe that I just mentioned both of them in the same sentence.

I'm still trying to figure out that the last few sentences mean.

Right. And having coverage is what makes the average person happy. I always love when I see the Cingular/ATT issues mentioning that they have the fewest dropped calls. As most of you know, this is because if you have questionable coverage, ATT/Cingular will fail the call because they're afraid that they might drop the call. Personally, I'd prefer to get my call thru, even if there is a risk of being dropped - particularly in an emergency situation

Finally, something I can agree with.

Thanks for the reply, I was on a rant the other night, because of talking to Reps at both VZW and AT&T that didnt know what they were talking about and still kept on trying to BS me. The AT&T guy had both BB's in his hand 8800 and the curve and said lets get your new account going right now and you'll be ported over in no time.

I will say that I read somewhere either here on this site or another, that with a BB or Palm you will never see or experience the difference between EDGE and EVDO dont know for sure.

Right now I am sitting back and waiting to see what new toys are coming out in the summer or fall for VZW, I heard there getting the Pearl.

Mite just be staying with the V3C that I have also. I was looking at the Palm but I have had too many techs at the local VZW say to stay away from them. I like BB's because of the design.