PDA

View Full Version : Problems with Opera Mini

kcmo
06-27-2007, 04:26 PM
Hi,

I seem to be having an problem getting Opera Mini to work on my BB8700g.

I downloaded Opera Mini 3.1 just fine, but when I went to select the icon, the screen turns white and says 'Opera Mini' and 'Loading...' beneath it....but it stays there and doesn't progress. I have to basically reset my phone to get it to do anything.

I did a search and saw the advice to change my TCP setting...APN to wap.voicestream.com. Hasn't really made a difference, unless it's something else I need to be doing.

Can anyone help? Thanks!

jeremyckitching
06-27-2007, 08:33 PM
Hi,

I seem to be having an problem getting Opera Mini to work on my BB8700g.

I downloaded Opera Mini 3.1 just fine, but when I went to select the icon, the screen turns white and says 'Opera Mini' and 'Loading...' beneath it....but it stays there and doesn't progress. I have to basically reset my phone to get it to do anything.

I did a search and saw the advice to change my TCP setting...APN to wap.voicestream.com. Hasn't really made a difference, unless it's something else I need to be doing.

Can anyone help? Thanks!

What version of the handheld OS are you using? I know certain versions of 4.2 don't work with Opera Mini. You can check you handheld OS version by going to Options > About. I am using v4.2.1.96. I also think that v4.2.1.92 works as well.

kcmo
06-28-2007, 11:00 AM
I'm using version 4.2.1.85.

I bought the phone from someone who had obviously upgraded the software. I wouldn't have known how!

Thanks.

funkyp56
06-28-2007, 11:42 AM
I'm using version 4.2.1.85.

I bought the phone from someone who had obviously upgraded the software. I wouldn't have known how!

Thanks.

Are you gonna upgrade? Do you know how?

kcmo
06-28-2007, 11:51 AM
Are you gonna upgrade? Do you know how?

Gee, I thought mine was an upgrade! Is there a newer OS? I got the 8700 to replace my Pearl which I grew to hate....planning on using the 8700 til TMO gets the Curve. Not sure upgrading is worth it. And no, I have no idea how either! :?