PDA

View Full Version : Radio Failure - Unable to Open Attachments

mcomms
06-28-2007, 08:00 AM
Hi,

Strange error occuring for one of my 8700 users. When trying to open any attachment (Word, Excel...), the user gets the following error:

"desktop message not found or radio failure"

Then after this if the user clicks resend, the handset displays:

"couldn’t receive more"

The user is fully activated and is receiving email etc. fine - so very confusing!

Vodafone Tech Support have not heard of this and have asked for the usual escalation form to progress.

I had this with another user, but it rectified itself (love it when that happens!:razz:)

We are running on a BES 4.0. The user has an 8700, but the other occurence was on a 7130.

Any ideas???

RichieKnight
08-06-2007, 04:41 AM
One of my clients seems to be getting the same error message as you.

My client is unable to sync. Reconciliation works intermittantly. The User is running an 8300 Blackberry. Also, deleting mail on the blackberry doesn't result in mail being deleted in Outlook. He too is running BES 4.0. We have checked over everything we can think of an we can't see any problems. Mapi32.dll match.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

besgeek
08-06-2007, 11:46 AM
mcomms : the error is associated with situations where the user has deleted the original message in outlook and emptied the deleted folders and/or where the user has moved the email containing the attachement to an offline folder.

mvergarac
08-08-2007, 04:33 PM
besgeek: Thanks for the information, I had the same same problem and it was because the mailbox was configured to deliver to a PST. Your information was very helpful for me.

Thanks