PDA

View Full Version : 7100 Themes

gsibble
09-30-2004, 01:42 PM
Ok. First person to figure out how to make 7100T themes gets a free cookie. And by cookie, I mean 7100t.........shaped cookie.......

Any ideas?

-GPS

bfrye
09-30-2004, 01:46 PM
Find a way to dig apart blackberry_rim_themes.cod (I think that's the name of the file)... or compare it with the theme file from vodaphone maybe... I haven't dug into it very much really

sempai
09-30-2004, 03:54 PM
hey someone share the 7100v cod - I'd rather have that then the ugly-ass T-Mobile US one!

I'm using the even more boring BlackBerry theme until a better one comes along. Eegads!

gsibble
09-30-2004, 09:10 PM
They really should release a toolkit for making themes. There's no reason for them not to.

-GPS

sempai
09-30-2004, 09:22 PM
And that would allow an honest-to-God User Interface designer to make one that doesn't completely suck!

gsibble
09-30-2004, 10:33 PM
And that would allow an honest-to-God User Interface designer to make one that doesn't completely suck!

EXACTLY.

I can't believe they don't even let you customize the home screen.

If they really want the 7100 to compete against normal phones, they have to add a lot more customizability.

-GPS

Fireproof
09-30-2004, 10:58 PM
From the User Guide:

"On some BB wireless handhelds with color screens, you set themes to control appearance of items such as applications, indicators, words, and icons. Themes might be preloaded on your handheld, or you can download themes in .cod format.

In the handheld options, click Theme. Click a theme name. Click Activate."

Thought the above may not be obvious to some people. So we just have to figure out how to create .cod files. :P

Fireproof
09-30-2004, 11:00 PM
hey someone share the 7100v cod - I'd rather have that then the ugly-ass T-Mobile US one!

I'm using the even more boring BlackBerry theme until a better one comes along. Eegads!

Try changing it to the DEFAULT theme. It's menu driven, versus icon driven, and is pretty slick. A lot quicker navigation this way!!

sempai
09-30-2004, 11:33 PM
DEFAULT I thought was the "official BlackBerry" theme, and what I started using once I saw that you could change a Theme.

The T-Mobile theme is revolting!

But the list-view of DEFAULT isn't much better - some real potential for great UI work - not to mention Corporate branding opportunity - being able to totally customize these devices will be a big plus to some people!

gmsmith
10-01-2004, 05:12 AM
How about the first person to provide downloadable ringers? :)

Hit: http://3gwiz.com/ from your Blackberry...and enjoy! :)

Official support is coming

Greg
(that 3gWiz guy)

bfrye
10-01-2004, 06:44 AM
I've heard rumors you can do it with plazmic's toolkit, but I've yet to play with it

Scott5353
01-07-2006, 12:45 AM
I have opted to ELIMINATE any background color other than WHITE to allow the text to standout in the menu. I experimented with many colors and went to white -- here's how:

Create a powerpoint slide with a background color of choice.
Save the slide as a JPG file.
Email the attachment to your 7100T.
Open/save the attachment as a picture.
Go to Applications/Pictures and select the picture
Menu select "Set as Home Screen Image"

theBorg
01-07-2006, 01:44 AM
Sempai, have you tried the O2 theme? It's much more sleek, menu driven. More intuitive as well. I'm not much of an icon guy. I agree, the icon TMo theme is nappy.

You can find it here along with some others:
http://www.smartphonedepot.com/product_gallery/7100_themes.html

You may need the blackberry developer's kit to install it... which you can find at the BB site.

-mT

gtpuser
02-15-2006, 12:28 AM
You must have fallen on your head really hard if you think the O2 theme is cool, that is by far the most gaudy childish theme available, it makes the crappy Tmobile theme look refined and tasteful. The vodafone theme is kind of edgy and cool but it hurts your eyes after 5 minutes and besides that every other icon is the same. Just stick with the original Blackberry theme, that is the slickest one available.