PDA

View Full Version : 8800 / Media Player and Earphone Port?

beakersgoods
06-30-2007, 10:04 AM
Ok - so I bought a new micro SD card and Bose QC3 headphones. Thought it would be a great idea to start using my blackberry with its media player as an MP3 Player.

Went to radioshack and purchased a 2.5mm adaptor so I could plug in my bose headphones.

FOR THE LIFE OF ME I cannot get the media player to play any songs through the headphones (only speakerphone and handset speaker work). Does anyone know how to get this to work?

I have searched the forums up and down and can find nothing!

Thanks everyone!

x14
06-30-2007, 11:07 AM
I got these and they work fine.

http://tinyurl.com/35mb8p

beakersgoods
06-30-2007, 03:32 PM
I got these and they work fine.

BlackBerry Accessories Store - Product Detail (http://tinyurl.com/35mb8p)

UGH - I guess that means my bose with the 2.5mm adaptor won't work... GRRR

SDCromer
06-30-2007, 08:26 PM
Don't know about Bose, buy I have used Sony earphones with an adapter without any problem. Might be your adapter is defective.

beakersgoods
06-30-2007, 09:29 PM
Don't know about Bose, buy I have used Sony earphones with an adapter without any problem. Might be your adapter is defective.

Do these earphones have a "button"? My iPod earphones dont seem to work as well...

SMR
06-30-2007, 10:14 PM
I tried several adapters including the verizon and radio shack 2.3 to 3.5mm adapters. The raido shack adpater did not work at all, the verizon adapter worked, but the volume through my headphones was too weak. I went to the Verizon store today and purchased a 2.5 mm stereo over the ear headphone set (no brand noted, might be made by Jabra) and they worked great. We tried another set by a different manufacture and got sound out of only one side. Seems like the headset output on the 8830 is very finicky, so keep trying different headsets or adapters until you find one that works. This new set ($34 retail, but if you have a high enough monthly bill, you can get 25% off) is very good - loud, good stereo separation, no distortion and it has a microphone to use if you get a call while listening to music.