PDA

View Full Version : Car Charger

Bimerman
06-30-2007, 12:25 PM
I am new here and hopefully my questions have not been asked.

1. a car charger that belongs to Motorola Razr V3xx. It also uses USB type of connection. Will this charger work for BB 8800??
2. Is there a way to manually sort the icons on BB desktop?
3. I have downloaded Google Map to my BB, and it seems to work finding my current location. However, as I walk/drive the GPS doesn't get updated. Am I missing something?
4. How do I uninstall an application from the BB?
5. Is there a short cut button to close an opened application?

Thanks!

rogermac1975
06-30-2007, 12:52 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry8800/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

Ok. The charger will work. Usb is usb. The icon question - highlight the icon, hit menu, move icon. The gps will not move with you. You need telenav for that. Google maps will only show your current location when you update it.

Dubdub
06-30-2007, 02:38 PM
GPS tracks my location on my 8800 either walking or driving using either BBMaps or Google Maps. There is a bit of a lag and the updates aren't as fast as my in car system, but it does work as it is advertised.

I think you need to select track or something like that form Google Maps menu though.

Bimerman
06-30-2007, 05:25 PM
Ok. The charger will work. Usb is usb.

I believe it is OK too, but I am just being cautious.

I went to check the travel charger/wall charger for both. I notice that Motorola Razr V3xx wall charger has an output of 5volts and .55Amp. And, the BB wall charger has an output of 5volt and .75Amp.

Do you think the car charger of Razr would have the same out put as its wall charger?

If so, I guess it only takes longer for Motorola car charger to charge BB battery.

Anyone else has actually tried this?

jonbost
06-30-2007, 08:44 PM
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8800/4.2.1 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102)

I have used the razr car charger many times on my BB. Works great. Have not noticed any thing odd from doing this.

rogermac1975
06-30-2007, 09:06 PM
The amp difference will only change one thing.....the speed at which it charges. It needs a MINIMUM of .5 to work, but extra will hurt nothing.

Sniperet
06-30-2007, 10:32 PM
My wife has a Razor and I moved from a Motorola Q to the BB 8830 and interchange both the AC and car chargers for all three phones with no problems. That is the great thing about phones that have standardized on the USB plug and voltage, no more spending a small fortune on chargers when you change phones.

bppilot
07-01-2007, 01:25 AM
My 8830 will charge on any USB charger. My wife's new Razor however won't charge on my Blackberry USB charger. The screen displays a message that says "unauthorized charger". Looks like Motorola has embedded some type of signal in their USB charger specifically for the Razor so you have to buy theirs. No other reason in the world why I can think of they would do that... Very annoying!

RemyKirin
07-01-2007, 02:59 AM
My 8830 will charge on any USB charger. My wife's new Razor however won't charge on my Blackberry USB charger. The screen displays a message that says "unauthorized charger". Looks like Motorola has embedded some type of signal in their USB charger specifically for the Razor so you have to buy theirs. No other reason in the world why I can think of they would do that... Very annoying!

That's the CDma phones and if venture to say you are most likely with verizon. Its the verizon os for the razor. Uhave had razors with Cingular tmobile and verizon, and verizon always teta to screw their customers.

packetknife
07-01-2007, 05:15 AM
In terms of the charger anything 5V/0.5A-1.0A has worked for me (I've used chargers from Garmin, Moto, and Boxwave). What I've noticed is that the BB one seems to be generic and if I try to use that on other devices, like my Garmin, they don't behave right. In the case of my Garmin nuvi it goes into 'data' mode when I plugin anything other than the charger it came with. -Pk

Bimerman
07-01-2007, 04:23 PM
I tried to charge my BB with the motorola car charger. However, I don't see it's being charged. What kind of symbol does the BB show when it's being charged?

JSanders
07-01-2007, 04:36 PM
According to the theme you are using, their should be some lightening bolt or symbol next to or on top of the battery.

jonbost
07-01-2007, 05:44 PM
That's the CDma phones and if venture to say you are most likely with verizon. Its the verizon os for the razor. Uhave had razors with Cingular tmobile and verizon, and verizon always teta to screw their customers.

I hate to say this but I just tried to charge a new motorola razr with my blackberry charger and it was a no go. And I am with AT&T and the phone was too. So as much as verizon does lock out functions of the phone this is not something they did but something that motorola did.