PDA

View Full Version : Using a different email address for outgoing emails on BIS

drmed
07-02-2007, 11:19 AM
I am using an email redirection service for my emails. My email address xxx@<hidden> only accepts emails and forwards them to my at&t bis address xxx@<hidden>. Anytime I reply to these emails on my blackberry, the outgoing email address shows up as xxx@<hidden>. Is there a way of making this address invisible while sending emails through my blackberry and having xxx@<hidden> as the sender of my emails? The only option I could find on the BIS settings on bis.na.blackberry.net is changing reply-to address. But this still leaves the sender address as xxx@<hidden>. I appreciate everybody's help.

Thatzmister2u
07-02-2007, 11:30 AM
Login to your BIS account and set-up the xxx@<hidden> account. You will be able to send and receive emails from that account. After you set it up when you compose an email, you can scroll to the Send Using: Field and choose which account to use.

E-

JSanders
07-02-2007, 11:35 AM
Good suggestion, but that solution will not take care of the reply email coming from the users blackberry.net address. However the Reply From set correctly at the BIS website should do so.

drmed
07-02-2007, 12:25 PM
Well, here is the problem: the xxx@<hidden> doesn't offer me a pop/imap server. It has a purely web based interface with the option of emails being forwarded to any email address you want. Therefore I cannot really set-up a server on BIS or can I?

Dawg
07-02-2007, 12:31 PM
Well, here is the problem: the xxx@<hidden> doesn't offer me a pop/imap server. It has a purely web based interface with the option of emails being forwarded to any email address you want. Therefore I cannot really set-up a server on BIS or can I?
if it doesnt pop then no you cant but you can use gmail and set the write to you as the reply email

drmed
07-02-2007, 12:45 PM
gmail account is a good way to go but there are still some problems. I actually want to hide the xxx@<hidden> or in the case of this gmail solution xxx@<hidden> totally from the recipient's eyes. I want to make the email look like as if it came from my xxx@<hidden> address. The header of an email address sent from a blackberry through gmail still shows signs of the original gmail address as you can see here:

Return-Path: <xxx@<hidden>>
Return-Path: <xxx@<hidden>>
Return-Receipt-To: xxx@<hidden>
Reply-To: xxx@<hidden>
To: xxx@<hidden>
Sender: XXX XXX <xxx@<hidden>>

Any other ideas?

Dawg
07-02-2007, 12:47 PM
I though on gmail you could make it say the address you want it to I did that for awheil just dont recall how

drmed
07-02-2007, 12:50 PM
yes, under options you can create an email address that gmail will show as sender's address but as I mentioned the references to the original gmail address are still visible in the email's header and some email programs show the original gmail address as sender.

I am puzzled :)