PDA

View Full Version : slow?

eninety88
07-02-2007, 11:34 AM
is it me or is the phone some what slow sometimes...i get the hourglass a lot....i understand when you have multiple apps on...but switching between apps i get that too...hrmmm

i just removed bblight so could that be the issue? any way to make the 8830 faster? my friend has a treo and after he reinstalled software onto his sd card rather than on the phone, it made it a lot faster...any suggestions ??

JSanders
07-02-2007, 11:37 AM
You can't install applications to the SD card on the BB. You can pull the battery, about once a week, which refreshes the device memory as well as clears the cache. It should give you better speed as well.

See what applications you have running in the background (using ALT ESCAPE). If you have an active browser page or such running it will cause the entire BB to appear slow.

dvaskelis
07-02-2007, 12:56 PM
any suggestions ??
For what it's worth, after "rebooting" my 8830, it's often slow in general for about 10 minutes, especially navigating the home screen menu.

I loaded the newer Bell Canada 8830 firmware and overall it seems snappier, *especially* Media Player.