PDA

View Full Version : Email issues 8100

maffu p
07-03-2007, 06:40 AM
Help!

Have got a 8100 which I got from Ebay locked to Orange have upgraded my account with Orange. Can send emails fine but cannot receive, my Blackberry pin and ime codes don't seem to work to access my Blackberry account.
Have I make a mistake getting the phone off ebay and will it ever work as it should.

Thanks

Maffup

JSanders
07-03-2007, 07:58 AM
Maffu, welcome to the Forums.

Were you able to setup your Blackberry Internet Service (BIS) account with Orange? If you PIN was rejected, it is likely because the previous user has not released the PIN for use again. You should contact the seller and request they do so. If they won't, you can try contacting Orange and asking them to do so.

I assume you have a BlackBerry Data Plan for your Orange account:
What do I need a Data Plan for? - BlackBerryFAQ (http://blackberryfaq.com/index.php/What_do_I_need_a_Data_Plan_for%3F)

maffu p
07-03-2007, 08:21 AM
Thanks for the quick response, have spoken to ebay seller and he wasn't very helpful will contact Orange and see how I get on.

Thanks again

JSanders
07-03-2007, 08:28 AM
Make sure you leave appropriate response for the Ebay seller so he doesn't stick another buyer with a similar device.

brucejr
07-03-2007, 10:38 PM
True that maffu p, let other potential eBay buyers know how you where treated. The positive/neutral/negative feedback is related to the entire transaction process which includes any technical issues post purchase. Welcome to the BBF!

ezrunner
09-14-2007, 05:54 PM
welcome

Thatzmister2u
09-15-2007, 02:15 PM
Welcome to the forums!!