PDA

View Full Version : Is anyone still on ATT (Cingular Blue)?

hnwosu
05-15-2005, 07:24 PM
Hey just wanted to know how many blackberry users are still using their original plans from ATT, now Cingular Blue. I want to know if anyone who is still on plans on migrating anytime soon? Right now I have a 7210, which I have been using for a minute, no problems. I am looking into upgrading but I am just thinking of buying 7280 or 7290 off of ebay, instead of signing a new contract (I kind of like my freedom). I basically want to wait for cingular to force me to migrate, and see if i can get some extra perks out of them. Anyones feedback about their migrating experience or plans would be much appreciated

ChrisLuce
05-16-2005, 08:10 AM
hnwosu,

I am still on the AT&T site with my 4 cell phones and my BB 7290 with a data only plan. I am not planning on migrating over until I have to. I have an awesome plan and Cingular can't touch that plan. I don't mean to scare you but I have been hearing rumors that Cingular is going to be FORCING all the AT&T side users over hear real soon. I have not received any information from them yet about it but this information came from one of the Cingular locations. They say you will receive a letter from them letting you know you have 30 days (give or take) to make the migration. Not what I wanted to hear but it will be happening. I am going to pay to have all my phones unlocked because I can't afford to buy all new phones. Anyway, just wanted to give you a heads up on what I know. I hope this helps.

Wavester
05-16-2005, 11:03 AM
I still have a phone that has been extended twice on the AT&T unlimited charter plan ($99). That plan has over one year left.

My 7290 is on Cingular.

They merged the two bills into one; however, I was told that if something happens to the AT&T sim card in the phone I will need to switch to Cingular and they will not unlock the phone, but will offer me a new phone at the renewal or new line rate.

I suppose this really doesn't answer your question but I have heard nothing about being FORCED to switch.

ckeck
05-16-2005, 11:39 AM
Ok, since I am a Cingular rep I will try to answer your question:

1) Cingular won't be FORCING anyone to migrate anytime soon...maybe in 1-2 years, but you still have plenty of time. Just take care of your equipment and your SIM card. You can always purchase a new AT&T SIM card for $25...or from eBay for a couple bucks :)

2) The migration process is very easy and quick. You are automatically given the new customer pricing on any phone, and there will be an $18 upgrade fee per line, just like existing Cingular customers pay.

3) Don't expect any "extra" perks from Cingular to get you to migrate. Cingular/SBC isn't in the business of giving away free minutes/extra cash off phones.

siliconvalley785
05-16-2005, 12:32 PM
I'm still on Cingular Blue. 2 lines, one BB 7280 with GSM America Local (700Any/NW/M2M) and one Moto V551 GSM America National (650any/NW/M2M). They recently cut my minutes on my BB line from 1000 to 700 for no reason. ckeck, since you said you're a Cingular rep, do you think you could do anything about it, if I gave you my number and you took a look around?

Pritesh

ckeck
05-16-2005, 12:51 PM
Sure, shoot me an e-mail with your info (chad.keck@<hidden>)

Good thing I was a former AT&T rep, so I still have access to all Blue accounts.

ChrisLuce
05-16-2005, 02:31 PM
ckeck,

Hmmmm, thats odd. This came from another Rep in my area. I wish they would post it on their site so everyone that logs (AT&T Customers) in will know when it is actually going to happen and how much time we have. Anyway, thanks for the update.