PDA

View Full Version : 8830 and Web Client

kevhead101
07-03-2007, 12:46 PM
Our company just purchased six 8830's. Everyone loves them so far. The only problem so far is that two of the phones email addresses become "invalid" in the web client at least once every two days, there is a little red circle and a slash under where it says valid. I have to go into the web client daily to check it and click on it to make it valid, then their emails start to come through again. We have deleted the accounts and re entered them. I called Verizon and they sent each phone the service book, to no avail. I called them again today to try and get it troubleshot and they basicsally did the same thing and told me to wait 24 hrs. and if it happens again, to call Blackberry. I tried to call Blackberry today. Are there any direct numbers to get to tech support? And is it free? Any thoughts to the constant "invalid" email account, woould be great! Thanks in advance... 8-)

dvaskelis
07-03-2007, 01:02 PM
The only problem so far is that two of the phones email addresses become "invalid" in the web client at least once every two days, there is a little red circle and a slash under where it says valid.
The issue probably lies with your email server, not with your carrier or BIS. That happens when the password is rejected by the mail server (POP, IMAP, or OWA) that BIS is trying to login to. If the login user ID and password you provide gets rejected, perhaps because the server is non-responsive or gives another error, BIS does not keep pounding away, it just disables the account.

It happens to me every 30 days with my corporate email after I'm forced to change the password and forget to change it on the BIS site. It sends me an email to my BB letting me know at least as I reminder to fix it.

kevhead101
07-03-2007, 01:11 PM
I had thought of that too, but when they log into the network at the office with the same password, they get in just fine. The four other phones log into it as well. We are on an exchange server if that may make any difference.

dvaskelis
07-03-2007, 01:18 PM
I had thought of that too, but when they log into the network at the office with the same password, they get in just fine. The four other phones log into it as well. We are on an exchange server if that may make any difference.
I would guess sometimes the Exchange server (using OWA I assume) is giving an error after logging in, like "HTTP 1.1 03 Service Unavailable" or something similar. Maybe check your Exchange logs to see if it's ever given an error to a web user, as BIS is going to be logging in around the clock every 15 minutes 24 hours a day to see if you have new emails. If BIS gets an error while logging in, it'll disable the account. Maybe check the Exchange logs right before BIS send the email saying the account is disabled.

kevhead101
07-03-2007, 01:34 PM
Ok, stupid question :) Where are the exchange logs located?

dvaskelis
07-03-2007, 02:23 PM
Ok, stupid question :) Where are the exchange logs located?
You're going to have to work with the IT administrator of your Exchange server.

kevhead101
07-11-2007, 10:05 AM
FYI. Update on the issue. My Boss figured out what it was. The two blackberry users in question didn't have 24/7 access to the exchange server due to backup schedule. After changing their times to 24/7 access, no problems.