PDA

View Full Version : BB 8800 questions / solutions HELP

xephrey
07-04-2007, 04:49 AM
Alright! I recently bought a blackberry 8800 and I am overall very impressed with this little device! I just have a few things to ask ya'll reguarding software / solutions.

First off, is there a web browswer that views the webpage in its entirity? I mean... I realize that it'd probably be hard with flash infested sites and youtube and stuff like that, but I mean, just view all of the pictures and get the layout you would get on a PC, only with zoom options and such? That would be WONDERFUL. But Im guessing for now, the iPhone has the monopoly on that feature.

Playlists!

Also, continuous play - Id like to use my blackberry as a media player now and then, and it'd be nice to be able to have playlists and to play more than one song at a time instead of having to select each and every song you want to hear each time. Any ideas? Suggestions? Any 3rd party Media Player? Winamp/iTunes styled ones?

Im now pretty satisfied with instant messeging with IM+ although I had to drop a buttload of money at Handango's online store. Blech...

This isnt that important, but does anyone know of any good SCUM or NES emulators for the BB? I saw the NES one featured on this site and... it works, but its too laggy to be playable. How bout any Doom or Heretic game ports? I realize this is a more business oriented device, so its a bit more slim picking when it comes to good games, its probably better that way.

GPS!

any time I try anything involving the GPS, it says 'signal weak: find better sky view' Do I have to be outdoors for this thing to work? I'm not that familiar with GPS devices... It'd be nice to have this feature working, but I dont know what needs to be tweaked, or if I live in a bad coverage area? (Central Utah) *shrugs*

Well, that otta do it for now! I'd really appreciate any of ya'll's suggestions or comments!

Thanks

x14
07-04-2007, 09:30 AM
For Playlist see http://www.blackberryforums.com/media-center/83003-playlists-folders-bb-media-player.html

akosnitzky
07-04-2007, 11:24 AM
Another option, is to rename your album for a given song and then you just choose by album. All of my songs are grouped by 10 and my album names start with List A, List B,........ etc.