PDA

View Full Version : Why have I received +50 of these messages from "network"

jnphil61
07-04-2007, 11:42 AM
network@<hidden>

They attach an EPT.DAT file and say don't do anything with it. I have over 50 in the last 24 hours.

It's a newly activated 8800.

Thanks.

JGBerry
07-04-2007, 11:57 AM
network@<hidden>

They attach an EPT.DAT file and say don't do anything with it. I have over 50 in the last 24 hours.

It's a newly activated 8800.

Thanks.

never heard of it. call up T-Mobile.

x14
07-04-2007, 11:57 AM
That's a BlackBerry Enterprise Server activation message. Is that a corporate email address you are getting that on?

jnphil61
07-04-2007, 02:35 PM
Yes, it is a corporate email address. The phone has been active for about 24 hrs. and they keep coming. Since the phone is active, can I delete them?

OrganicBerry
07-04-2007, 03:20 PM
I've seen this before.

It was when a collegue of mine was having issues with his BB, and the IT team was trying to diagnose the problem.

I'd contact your IT team...I wouldn't delete them.

x14
07-04-2007, 06:35 PM
You can delete them. If you continue to get them contact your IT department.

jestar15
07-05-2007, 01:54 PM
These are called 'flycatcher' messages, they are usually received, in your case, because Desktop Manager was installed for the Desktop Redirector option. If you have Admin Rights, the easiest fix is to uninstall it and re-install it for the Blackberry Internet Service option. If you BB is on an Enterprise Server, everything is done wirelessly, therefore the only thing you need DTM is for synching and loading applications. The 'Redirector Settings' icon doesn't really server a purpose with the cnfiguratin that you have. If you 'View' your Desktop CMIME Service Book and the UID filed is populated with your email address you will continue receiving the 'flycatchers' until you delete the Service Book.

newshutr
11-27-2007, 04:33 PM
These are called 'flycatcher' messages, they are usually received, in your case, because Desktop Manager was installed for the Desktop Redirector option. If you have Admin Rights, the easiest fix is to uninstall it and re-install it for the Blackberry Internet Service option. If you BB is on an Enterprise Server, everything is done wirelessly, therefore the only thing you need DTM is for synching and loading applications. The 'Redirector Settings' icon doesn't really server a purpose with the cnfiguratin that you have. If you 'View' your Desktop CMIME Service Book and the UID filed is populated with your email address you will continue receiving the 'flycatchers' until you delete the Service Book.

God!! Thanks for that nugget. Those things were driving me crazy and I thought I was going to have to keep them.

SheepDog
11-27-2007, 07:15 PM
LOl I got those on my 7100i and it annoyed me no end. That one was BIS also. The 8830 hasnt started that so far. They populate quickly and do become a pain!