PDA

View Full Version : Turn off email notification when connected to PC

davidhlee82
07-05-2007, 07:58 PM
Hello everyone.

Can someone tell me how to turn off new email notification when you're connected to your PC?

When I'm at work, I usually plug my BB into the PC so it can charge up and sync, and I assumed that the BB would detect that it's connected to the PC and not alert me every time I got a new email. But low and behold, it does, and really, there's no need for me to be alerted by my Outlook AND my BB whenever I get a new email.

Thanks.

akosnitzky
07-05-2007, 08:06 PM
Change to a different profile when hooked to a pc

davidhlee82
07-05-2007, 08:17 PM
Really, that's the only option?

I wish there was a way that the BB could detect that it's connected to the PC and automatically disable alerts for programs (like email and calendar) for which the PC already alerts you, but leaves on the alerts for things like phone calls and SMS messages.

mundyb
07-05-2007, 08:42 PM
It would be nice to have a third profile type, In Holster, Out of Holster, and Connected to PC. But as far as I know there is no way other than switching the profile manually.

akosnitzky
07-05-2007, 10:16 PM
It would be nice to have a third profile type, In Holster, Out of Holster, and Connected to PC. But as far as I know there is no way other than switching the profile manually.

Maybe that will be with the 8900:smile:

mundyb
07-05-2007, 10:26 PM
Maybe that will be with the 8900:smile:

:-( Seems like we are always waiting for that next great device... And I have only been a BB user for the last year.:smile:

DZD
07-06-2007, 04:56 AM
I saw this in another post that may resolve your issue:

If you use BES, and connect your BB to your computer, you can change a setting in Desktop Manager that will prevent delivery of messages to your BB when connected.

Good luck.

EmptyInTheHead
07-06-2007, 10:12 AM
I saw this in another post that may resolve your issue:

If you use BES, and connect your BB to your computer, you can change a setting in Desktop Manager that will prevent delivery of messages to your BB when connected.

Good luck.Confirmed.

Desktop Manager -> Email Settings ->General ->Disable message redirection while your device is connected.

The only problem is, if you set this, those messages never get sent to your BB.