PDA

View Full Version : Calendar items being deleted overnight

hegedusa
07-06-2007, 01:40 AM
Strange thing... calendar items more than (I think) 6 months old are being deleted off my blackberry 8800. I'm just syncing with my desktop PC (not using BES or anything). This is what happens:

1. Every morning I sync, and I need to do a resync or it'll delete all my old calendar entries off outlook as well.
2. I can sync throughout the day, no problem.
3. Overnight (or perhaps during the day as well), the calendar items on my blackberry that are over 6 months old just disappear (apart from repeating items).

I've checked, and the entries actually do disappear WITHOUT the blackberry being connected to a PC. I checked it last night, and by the morning, the entries had disappeared, for example.

Has anybody got any ideas? The desktop sync is set to sync all items. I have only noticed this problem in the last few days since I acquired the 8800 (I had an 8100 before that). At some point, some entries over 3 months old but less than 6 months old have disappeared as well. When I had the 8100 I used to have it set to not sync any items more than 6 months old. I thought the problem might be related to that, but it still doesn't explain how several hundred calendar entries can disappear off my 8800 overnight.

I've seen various posts relating to a calendar patch but cannot see any posts relating to this specific problem so I don't know if it'll fix it.

Has anybody got any ideas?

Cheers
Anthony

JerryD
07-06-2007, 04:50 AM
This is a setting in Desktop Manager. Go to the Sync setup, select the Calendar and hit the Advanced button. There you can set it to sync ALL items.

hegedusa
07-06-2007, 08:47 AM
This is a setting in Desktop Manager. Go to the Sync setup, select the Calendar and hit the Advanced button. There you can set it to sync ALL items.

That's what I'm saying, it's already set to sync all items. The problem happens on the blackberry without it being connected to the PC i.e. the calendar entries more than about 6 months old just disappear overnight (over 500 entries).

cdw5510
07-06-2007, 09:12 AM
That's what I'm saying, it's already set to sync all items. The problem happens on the blackberry without it being connected to the PC i.e. the calendar entries more than about 6 months old just disappear overnight (over 500 entries).

There is a setting on the BB I am guessing that archieves anything older then a certain date. I could be wrong.

hegedusa
07-06-2007, 09:30 AM
There is a setting on the BB I am guessing that archieves anything older then a certain date. I could be wrong.

I thought of that, and I'm buggered if I can find anything!

EmptyInTheHead
07-06-2007, 10:00 AM
Calendar->Options->Keep Appointments

At least that's were it is in 4.2.2. I believe the default is 60 days.

hegedusa
07-06-2007, 10:21 AM
Calendar->Options->Keep Appointments

At least that's were it is in 4.2.2. I believe the default is 60 days.

Interesting... I'm on 4.2.190 (Orange UK) and I certainly don't have that option.

HOWEVER... that made me think. My old phone (blackberry 8100) was on 4.2.194 and I've just had a look, and it indeed has the "Keep appointments" option and it is set to 60 days. Somehow the setting must have moved across when I migrated phones (I used the migrate feature in blackberry desktop).

So I suppose my options are to leave it as it is, or try to find an upgrade, or wipe everything and re-sync. Unless someone knows a way of tweaking that setting which clearly exists, just not in the UI.

EmptyInTheHead
07-06-2007, 10:53 AM
I think you can set that same option in Desktop Manager???

bhmunroe
08-21-2007, 11:03 AM
I have a BB 8800. On Sunday I went to go back in my calendar in outlook to look something up and found that everything older than 60 days was gone. And each day when the BB wants to sync, it wants to delete the appointments from 60 days ago. Example (it wants to delete June 21st appointments today)

Does not matter what the Desktop software is set for. Keep all schedule appointments, or keep 365 days prior and 365 days ahead- does not matter. Each day it wants to delete 60 days prior in my Outlook. I have since turned off Calendar sync for now until I figure out what is happening - can't afford to lose any more calendar data.

Any thoughts? My 8800 says its using the 4.2 software and when I go on the device under Calendar/Options - there is no setting for Keep Appointments like other versions of BBs have.

Brian