PDA

View Full Version : 7100T-specific tips / shortcuts / etc.

Fireproof
09-30-2004, 09:17 PM
Can we start collecting 7100T tips/shortcuts in a single thread.

For example, I've noticed some of the shortcuts are gone ("R" in a message to reply, "T" to go to top, etc). But I'm sure there are other ways to get around quickly on this thing.

Help a brotha out!

By the way - I'm loving the sure-type a lot more than I anticipated. It's really like magic! :)

obijohn
10-08-2004, 02:11 PM
Here's some useful info: The Device Help (full of shortcuts and tips not found on the Quick Start card) is also installed on your PC when you install the Desktop Manager and can be opened by selecting Help->Handheld User's Guide. The file is located in the "Program Files/Research in Motion/Blackberry/Documentation" directory, and the filename is userguide_bb7100_gprs.chm, if you want to make a shortcut to it on your desktop.

Some browser tips not listed in the help:

Press the Enter key to select a link in the Browser
The "Next" key [* >>] cycles through the links in a page (down only, haven't found a key to cycle back up)
[, L] gives you "Connection Information"
[? AS] bookmarks the current page

If you are a Palm user and want to sync to your 7100t and you don't have Outlook, Yahoo now offers Intellisync with their calendar service for free at http://calendar.yahoo.com (if you already have Outlook, the Yahoo Calendar is even easier to keep in sync with your 7100t). You must have your Palm Hotsync software installed, then install Yahoo Intellisync. Then run Yahoo Intellisync to sync your Palm with Yahoo. Go to your calendar page at Yahoo, then select Import/Export under calendar options, exporting as a CSV file. Run your Blackberry Desktop Manager, and configure the PIM sync to Import via ASCII.

[EDITED to clarify Yahoo sync without using Outlook.]

buckZor
10-08-2004, 02:17 PM
As referenced on the flipout of the Welcome guide:
Reply to message: [! Q W] key
Move to top of list: [1 E R] key

Some other helpful ones:
[, L] key for compose new message
[. P O] key for forward message
[? A S] key for reply to all

XX
10-24-2004, 06:33 PM
[, L] key for compose new message

how can i get this to work from the home screen on the 7100t?

NJBlackBerry
10-24-2004, 06:55 PM
You can't; the old shortcut keys (M for Messages folder; C for Compose) no longer work. It stinks.