PDA

View Full Version : 8700g Questions

ejLkickS
07-09-2007, 10:00 PM
Hey people. Sorry I am new to this forum and haven't received an opportunity to read all the FAQ's so please bare with me or please provide a link. Thankyou in advance.

Alright well i just received my 8700g BB for tmobile 8-) and just have a couple questions for it.

1) Can I redirect my GMAIL account so I receive my gmail e-mails in my blackberry?

2) For AIM, can I have my full AIM buddy list? I remember on my BB 2 years ago I had trouble with it and couldn't add everyone. Also, Does it create a mobile device folder on my buddylist in which I have to copy all the screen names into there? If so, Is there an easy way to do that?

3) Are there free games and ringtones for this device? I hear magmic.com is one of the easiest and accessible but are there any others?

4) Is there a FAQ for all this that I can just read and a FAQ for a TIPS&TRICKS sorta deal for this model device?

5) One last thing, are there other applications I can download onto the phone? I heard of a GPS but is that included in this model? Are there any other cool features/applications I can download onto here or a site with all of them and instructions? Thanks
Thank you alot to everyone that helps me. I am very excited to have this phone cause my SK3 is terrible. Sorry I seem like a noobie haha.

mariner
07-09-2007, 10:08 PM
GMail actually has a client for the BB so that you don't get your mail in your inbox. I've seen some be able to get their GMail forwarded to their provider BB email address, but I don't do that because I'm on a BES.

Go to Handango.com and you'll probably find some free apps.

JSanders
07-09-2007, 11:46 PM
1. ditto Mariner.
2. Don't use AIM, it is pitiful. Get an app like JiveTalk, much better and up-to-date app for chat.
3. Yes, others. You can look here: 3rd Party Application List - BlackBerryFAQ (http://blackberryfaq.com/index.php/3rd_Party_Application_List)
4. Click the links in my signature. On the Stinsonddog site, download the 8700 Tips at the bottom.
5. See #3, and go to the Aftermarket Software forum on this board.

Good luck.

ejLkickS
07-10-2007, 12:28 AM
Thanks alot!

Is JiveTalk free? On handango.com it says its $50 =/ Did you pay $50?

EDIT*

One more thing on what Mariner said.

So what is BES? And if my GMAIL e-mails don't go in my INBOX where does it go? Can I make it go in my inbox? Is BES better for gmail? Also, is BES free?

dkf747
07-10-2007, 04:27 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows NT 5.0) BlackBerry8703e/4.1.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/104)

If you setup Gmail in your BIS account you will get the messages on your BB. The FAQs should explain how.or the tips site.

8700g doesn't have built in GPS. See the tips page mentioned in another post for how to do GPS on your BB.

Dubdub
07-10-2007, 06:28 AM
BES is for corporate email users or for those others who need/want wireless sync of contacts and calendar info and faster email delivery. The dataplan is more expensive, plus you have to pay for the BES over and above the datacharge. My assumption, based on your questions is that BIS is what you need.

ejLkickS
07-10-2007, 11:42 PM
Thanks for the info,

WHere do i get BIS?

ejLkickS
07-13-2007, 01:51 AM
figured it allout. thanks alot to everyone!