PDA

View Full Version : Always have to hit the key multiple times to get it to type the subsequent letters

HRT
07-12-2007, 11:34 PM
:bb:
I have a Blackberry 7100 and when typing on it, I would always have to hit the key multiple times to get it to type the subsequent letters on a particular key. For example, the "4" key has the letters "D" and "F" on it; if I wanted to type a D I would only have to hit the key once. Likewise, if I wanted to type the letter F, I would have to hit the key twice. Although some may consider this cumbersome, I liked it because of the accuracy that it gave me when typing.

Anyway, at some point my device had to do a power reboot and ever since then it doesn't function with the typing in that manner. Now it tries to "guess" what I am trying to type and about half the time or so it is wrong and I have to backtrack a sentence or two to fix it. It really hinders me sometimes. My question to you is if this is a setting that just got changed somehow, or maybe a patch upgrade or something that got "pushed" to my device which changed this functionality. Any ideas?

crazydude
07-13-2007, 12:00 AM
:bb:
I have a Blackberry 7100 and when typing on it, I would always have to hit the key multiple times to get it to type the subsequent letters on a particular key. For example, the "4" key has the letters "D" and "F" on it; if I wanted to type a D I would only have to hit the key once. Likewise, if I wanted to type the letter F, I would have to hit the key twice. Although some may consider this cumbersome, I liked it because of the accuracy that it gave me when typing.

Anyway, at some point my device had to do a power reboot and ever since then it doesn't function with the typing in that manner. Now it tries to "guess" what I am trying to type and about half the time or so it is wrong and I have to backtrack a sentence or two to fix it. It really hinders me sometimes. My question to you is if this is a setting that just got changed somehow, or maybe a patch upgrade or something that got "pushed" to my device which changed this functionality. Any ideas?

not too familiar with sure type keyboard but I think you supposed to hit * to changed input methods

hope this helps

HRT
07-17-2007, 12:11 AM
Hmm, that didn't seem to fix it...

JSanders
07-17-2007, 12:15 AM
hrt, go to Option > Languages and choose input method as Multi Tap, I believe you want. Not Suretype.

And in most text boxes like an email, you can hold down the * key to change back and forth.

good luck.